Dark Shadows

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Dark Shadows

Post by Paramultart »

Ooh... Can't wait for this!

http://youtu.be/isjg9O7ifwM

I know it's cliche Burton/Depp, and that's why I can't wait.
This should be thoroughly entertaining.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

oh man, that looks good, thanks for the tip, maybe I'll go to the cinema once this year
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

tulip wrote:oh man, that looks good, thanks for the tip, maybe I'll go to the cinema once this year
Once? You won't want to miss the Frankenweenie stop-motion remake, which comes out this same very year!

http://youtu.be/2cqI6hPra7c

I may watch ParaNorman. Although it feels like a gimmicky Burton/Selick ripoff, stop-motion animation is just so rare, and now we're getting several movies in just a few years. Ah, yes! This truly is turning out to be a great year for films! It's refreshing, considering all the CGI filth Hollywood keeps excreting that has effectively destroyed animation as we know it.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Oh man Dark Shadows I watched several episodes of this on a DVD I got out of the library some years ago and Jesus Christ I could not believe how slow the plot moved. Each episode moved the plot forward like three minutes. They didn't even have the first like 30-ish episodes of the show on the DVDs, they just had like a twenty-minute whirlwind summary of everything that happened in them. I was getting a bazillion character names thrown at me every second, and was basically not absorbing anything from watching it so I skipped to the first actual episode that was on there and I caught on basically instantly. Then like eight hilarity-filled episodes later I gave up.

So. Dark Shadows. It's about a vampire I guess.

opinions

(edit) Holy crap Wikipedia says it has 1,225 episodes maybe this explains something