Favorite music thread

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
pelswick_fan
Grunt

Favorite music thread

Post by pelswick_fan »

Hey everyone post what your listening. (NO HIPSTERS PLEEEAASE!!!)
I was listen to this one band the other day was vampire weekend but my sis says the SUCK! (Thats really BAD)

So yeah only post songs you actually PERCHASED on rhapsody!!! (I do NOT condone piracy or SOPA)

THANK YOU
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

pelswick_fan wrote:Hey everyone post what your listening. (NO HIPSTERS PLEEEAASE!!!)
I was listen to this one band the other day was vampire weekend but my sis says the SUCK! (Thats really BAD)

So yeah only post songs you actually PERCHASED on rhapsody!!! (I do NOT condone piracy or SOPA)

THANK YOU
  1. What exactly are you calling a hipster? Is a hipster someone who listens to music that not many people listen to? Is it someone who listens to music that you have never heard of? Is the purpose of this thread to hear about new exciting music, or is it to validate your own musical tastes by having a bunch of people all tell each other that what plays on the radio is awesome?
  2. I don't know much about Vampire Weekend. Based on what I've heard about them, I don't think I care to. If this makes me a hipster, so be it. There are much worse things to be.
  3. So your sister said that Vampire Weekend suck, but what do you think of them? Do you have any of your own musical opinions, or do you listen to what everyone else listens to in order to fit it? Do you see music as an artistic endeavor allowing people to differentiate themselves from one another, or as a method of controlling the masses, so that the individual is obliterated, leaving only millions of faceless consumers?
  4. If someone posts some music that they've listened to recently, what does it matter if they have purchased it? Does it in any way affect you to hear about some music that someone listened to but didn't buy? Will you be tainted? Again, what is your goal with this thread anyway?
  5. There are so many legitimate sources of digital music out there today. If I recall correctly, Rhapsody charges a flat monthly fee and you can download as many songs as you want. It sounds very unlikely that such a scheme supports musicians that you find inspiring. The ones who make it rich with this are Rhapsody itself, and the handful of big record labels they have deals with. Very little of this money makes it way into the artists' hands.
  6. Do you even have any idea what SOPA is? May I suggest doing some research before dropping the latest media buzzwords? The only ones who are impressed by buzzwords are those who are not worth impressing.
pelswick_fan
Grunt

Post by pelswick_fan »

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 17:46 Post subject:

pelswick_fan wrote:
Hey everyone post what your listening. (NO HIPSTERS PLEEEAASE!!!)

THANK YOU

What exactly are you calling a hipster? Is a hipster someone who listens to music that not many people listen to? Is it someone who listens to music that you have never heard of? Is the purpose of this thread to hear about new exciting music, or is it to validate your own musical tastes by having a bunch of people all tell each other that what plays on the radio is awesome?
I don't know much about Vampire Weekend. Based on what I've heard about them, I don't think I care to. If this makes me a hipster, so be it. There are much worse things to be.
So your sister said that Vampire Weekend suck, but what do you think of them? Do you have any of your own musical opinions, or do you listen to what everyone else listens to in order to fit it? Do you see music as an artistic endeavor allowing people to differentiate themselves from one another, or as a method of controlling the masses, so that the individual is obliterated, leaving only millions of faceless consumers?
If someone posts some music that they've listened to recently, what does it matter if they have purchased it? Does it in any way affect you to hear about some music that someone listened to but didn't buy? Will you be tainted? Again, what is your goal with this thread anyway?
There are so many legitimate sources of digital music out there today. If I recall correctly, Rhapsody charges a flat monthly fee and you can download as many songs as you want. It sounds very unlikely that such a scheme supports musicians that you find inspiring. The ones who make it rich with this are Rhapsody itself, and the handful of big record labels they have deals with. Very little of this money makes it way into the artists' hands.
Do you even have any idea what SOPA is? May I suggest doing some research before dropping the latest media buzzwords? The only ones who are impressed by buzzwords are those who are not worth impressing.

no I don't download pirated things I promise! I understand SOPA is a censorship bill and I understand its wrong but I still don't think that its right to take music illegally from piracy!
My sister date a guy who and broke up with him because he downloaded from piracy. Please understand!
I make this thread

and Also how did you get that picture UNDER YOUR NAME?
PLEASE HELP!!!
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

Most of my music is taken from OCRemix's website. It's all remixes of old video game music. I'd suggest taking a look at the albums they've put together. The one I've been listening to for a while is Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business.
http://ocremix.org/albums/
All free stuff.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Seriously? You don't think I can do better than this guy? :rolleyes
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Who said that? :confused
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
withyou
Grunt

Post by withyou »

Only A.R.Rahman melodies from Rahmaniacs . . . . .
A Kick in the Pants
Vortininja

Re: Favorite music thread

Post by A Kick in the Pants »

pelswick_fan wrote:Hey everyone post what your listening.

THANK YOU
I've been listening to IMFs from Commander Keen, Duke Nukem 2, Bio Menace, Major Stryker, Monster Bash, etc. using AdPlug. They're pretty synthy but still very cool. B)