Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the crystal skull

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the crystal skull

Post by Rorie »

gets released in australia this thursday (22 may 2008) & i am definitely going to see it. got given a $25 movie voucher for xmas last year it will get me 2 tickets. my sister will have to pay for her own. but i reckon it will be worth it it's the 1st indy movie in almost 20 years since 1989's the last crusade. what about you are you going to see it?
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I think yes. I've never seen the older ones, but I've seen a trailer of this and it looks like there'll be nicely adventure in this one. I like a good adventure flick now and then. :)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Heh, I didn't realize this was coming up so soon! I may or may not go see this in theaters, but I do want to see this eventually.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Definitely! I'm there no matter what! But I suppose that in the first weekend there will be no empty seats... Coming to think of that, I might consider buying tickets tomorrow, so I can ensure me and my friends will have no problems for the premiere weekend.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

All depends if someone wants to go with me, if not I will just download it. But I am looking forward to it.

edit - scratch that, I will go and see it with someone.
Aaaah, not the bees!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I have to say this movie was GREAT! By far one of the best movies for this year. The wait was worth for every second of the movie. And it stands perfect prior to the previous three ones. Dunno what's the problem of those who doesn't like it. They were expecting too much, but inmo Spielberg, Lucas and Harrison did it the best way possible.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Indy looks like an old geezer.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Anyone besides Iv4n see it? I did.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

The Tarzan scène and the alien story-line were a little to much for me. Also the villain and side kick were utterly uninteresting. Besides these bad points it definitely had it's moment and my final verdict is slightly positive.
Aaaah, not the bees!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

DaVince wrote:Indy looks like an old geezer.
Well, if you pay attention to the chronology/storyline, you should know he's SUPPOSED to be an old geezer in this movie. This one takes place in 1947, and the previous ones take place in the 1920's/30's. and it's the same actor who played the starring role in the previous films in the 80's, so you'd better believe he's gotten geezerly :old
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:
DaVince wrote:Indy looks like an old geezer.
Well, if you pay attention to the chronology/storyline, you should know he's SUPPOSED to be an old geezer in this movie. This one takes place in 1947, and the previous ones take place in the 1920's/30's. and it's the same actor who played the starring role in the previous films in the 80's, so you'd better believe he's gotten geezerly :old
It's based in 1957, whereas the other movies were based in the late 30's. But I do get your point, though I think that they wrapped the story's setting around Ford's age, not the other way around.

Personally, I would rather see him as an old geezer than have someone take his place, like they're trying to push now. He's not like Bond where Bond was originally a book character, Ford made who the first incarnation of Indy who he was.

Granted, I do wish this movie was made sooner before Ford got old...like he is now, but...

if I had to pick between: someone who might not be able to act but is young enough and someone who acts well but is too old...I'd pick the old guy who doesn't act as good as he does now but made the original character who he was....not some young kid who can just inherit everything on the backs of everyone who slaved away to put the older movies* together and made them great...

*Minus Temple of Doom, being that I have not seen it.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

i went to see it on my day off work last monday with my dad & sister. i enjoyed it very much much better than the last 3. i really don't hope there's going to be a sequel harrison ford is really too old to continue doing action-adventure blockbusters like indiana jones he should stick to small roles or just retire
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Allstories
Annoyed Grunt

Post by Allstories »

I basically agree with Djaser's post.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I saw it last weekend. It was good for the most part, but I was REALLY disappointed by the ending. At the end of the other movies (the other GOOD ones; Temple of Doom does not count) we saw the main villains, all Nazis and therefore assholes, die in ways that make it obvious that they're dead as a result of meddling in things they shouldn't have been. But the KGB woman at the end of this last one just turns into wierd fire stuff and gets sucked into the UFO, which makes you wonder: is she really dead? It's hard to tell, coz she might have become some sort of all-knowing superbeing or something. I would have like to have seen an ending more on par with Raiders of the Lost Ark, or at least Last Crusade.

Also, the sidekick boy was super annoying. It made me happy when Indy snatched the hat from him at the end, as if to say, "No way in hell this kid will ever replace me." That was good.

Also, just for the record I think George Lucas should be forbidden from using CGI for a while. I think he's abusing it way too much, especially now that he's doing a 100% CGI "Star Wars: Clone Wars." It was really obvious where the computer effects were used in place of real stuff in the Indiana Jones movie.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

FYI, Lucas didn't make the movie, he only had some input in the plot.
Aaaah, not the bees!