Favourite music

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.

What's your favourite music?

Pop
4%
Rock
20%
Hard Rock/ Heavy Metal
22%
Electronic
18%
Classic
7%
Rap
No votes
R&B
No votes
Blues
No votes
Folk
No votes
Jazz
9%
Soundtrack
20%

Total votes: 45

crumejack

Post by crumejack »

I mostly like hip-hop, rock and punk, and i mostly listen to American, British bands, in other words the ones i can understand. Sometimes i listen to some German bands.
Some of my best bands are Rancid, NoFX, Pennywsie, Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, Queen, Def Leppard, Nightmare, The Rolling Stones, SOAD, Godsmack, Pasi( a very good croatian punk-rock band), Six pack, Rammstain and many others.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Hard Rock/Metal must win! Where's the metal/rocker-Keen-emoticon when you need it?
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

WHERE IS COUNTRY?
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Never particularly liked it myself, but it's okay as background music I guess.
Since it isn't a geeky musical genre, its odds of getting on a poll made by somebody who's a member of a forum for an obscure retro game weren't high.
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

Fleexy wrote:WHERE IS COUNTRY?
WHICH COUNTRY? IT COULD BE IN NORTH/SOUTH AMERICA, EUROPE, AFRICA, ASIA, OR MAYBE EVEN OCEANIA. GOTTA BE SPECIFIC, MAN.
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Couldn't country fall under folk? Maybe not, but that's probably closest.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I mostly listen to "classic" rock...I like concept rock, psychedelic rock, some metal, some 80s new wave, Irish folk music, classical...most of what I listen to is from the early 90s on back although there are certainly more recent bands I like.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

I guess the closest to chiptune is soundtrack, so I voted that.
There are a few chiptune albums on nes cartridges, which I think is way cooler than CD. :)
Nice to see a topic by an old friend. Is Djaser still around?
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

His latest post is two weeks old.
melinawaugh

Post by melinawaugh »

I went with "rock"... although I'd more accurate say hard rock, metal, and some classic rock are the prime areas of listening for me...
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

This list is not good. I can not vote for post-punk revival. I suppose that would be under punk, but seriously, bands like muse, radiohead, franz ferdinand... they're big, real big... and you just shut them out by not giving a punk option.

*sob sob sob cry sob cry*
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Scarlet wrote:This list is not good. I can not vote for post-punk revival. I suppose that would be under punk, but seriously, bands like muse, radiohead, franz ferdinand... they're big, real big... and you just shut them out by not giving a punk option.

*sob sob sob cry sob cry*
*pats Scarlet on the back*

haha, you're into the same kinda stuff as me. I'm disappointed that there is also no "folk rock" for Jethro Tull! Or even a catch-all "alternative". No Chiptune option either!

Anyway, I haven't voted as my likes are rather... broad.
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I want an option for emo-postpunk-low-frequency-female-glam-rock, so I got the band the Flamingo Massacres covered. :rolleyes

But yeah, Indie/Alternative would probably have been a good idea for an option, and I wouldn't have made separate options for Rap and R'n'B, because it's pretty much one genre nowadays.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

tulip wrote:and I wouldn't have made separate options for Rap and R'n'B, because it's pretty much one genre nowadays.
It's right for them to be split - the stones are R&B
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

I also like many different kinds of video game musics. Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Command & Conquer and Kingdom Hearts soundtracks to mention some of the best.

EDIT: I DIDN'T EVEN MENTION KEEN :O
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."