Monster flicks

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Lava89 wrote:...
I see no Godzilla vs Destroyah (1995). Have you seen that one? I saw a bit of it many, many years ago. I remember they were very keen on reusing footage. :rolleyes
But the little Destroyah creatures freaked me out. I was just a little guy back then.
Last edited by troublesomekeen on Mon Sep 21, 2015 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Yeah, I watched that one, It was ok... a little show in build up to Destroyah....but a Godzilla movie wouldn't be complete without spending more time on a long, drawn out setup than actually showing the monsters fight. Though I would say it's still better than most of the "Showa" era Godzilla flicks (1950's to 70's) and better than Mechagodzilla II from the Hesei period.

Also, the 90's Godzilla fight scenes were really lackluster in my opinion...usually Godzilla just keeps hitting them with his tail and blasts them with an atomic breath until they either keel over or retreat. With Godzilla 2000, All Out Attack and the American 2014 film, the fights are more structured, which I prefer.
Last edited by Lava89 on Mon May 15, 2017 18:16, edited 2 times in total.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I actually watched Godzilla 2014 due to Lava's recommendation, together with my girlfriend. She really liked it, and I found it enjoyable, too.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I am truly sorry for you and her Tulip. Dementia at such an early age, and the both of you as well. Terribly tragic.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

You've just been dealt the LASS SASS!

Here's a tissue for your man-tears. Image
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

tulip wrote:I actually watched Godzilla 2014 due to Lava's recommendation, together with my girlfriend. She really liked it, and I found it enjoyable, too.
That's awesome and thanks for letting me know! I am honored that my recommendation resulted in an enjoyable movie experience!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Lava89 wrote:
tulip wrote:I actually watched Godzilla 2014 due to Lava's recommendation, together with my girlfriend. She really liked it, and I found it enjoyable, too.
That's awesome and thanks for letting me know! I am honored that my recommendation resulted in an enjoyable movie experience!
I think the spambots are starting to hack our accounts now Image
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Congrats VikingBoyBilly!_You've_Been_Selected_For_FREE.call_from_a.celebrity.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

no pp enlargement pillz :o :drool :drool
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon
Vortininja

Post by GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon »

I remember watching a scene from the latest Godzilla movie while passing some folks who were watching it.

Pissed me off. You don't shoot at something that big with a 9mm MP5. You just don't. I hate that.
Formerly Boreas249.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I never use the chaingun on cyberdemons in Doom 2, either.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon wrote:Pissed me off. You don't shoot at something that big with a 9mm MP5. You just don't. I hate that.
Then I imagine you'd love all of the Japanese Godzilla movies.
GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon
Vortininja

Hey, at least with chaingun vs cyberdemons you can at least do smidgens of damage and you can actually kill it that way. I mean more often than not you'll just run out of ammo or slip up too many times and eventually eat a rocket while falling asleep at the keyboard because it takes too damn long to be able to maintain focus on dumping hundreds upon hundreds of rounds into a cybie until you finally manage to kill it. (also the chaingun is, oddly, my least favorite gun.)
But oh my GOD it irritates me when I see people fruitlessly shooting at something in a futile effort to kill it, watching their bullets bounce off without it even flinching once. Because I see it too much, it just looks stupid and it isn't even often you see at least one person in the group have the smarts to say "welp, this ain't wokin' and errbody around me's dyin', time to try something else now."

Now if they're only doing it for distraction that's a little better at least.
Formerly Boreas249.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Remember the opening in Resident Evil 2 where all the shots fired at William Berkin missed?
GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon
Vortininja

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Remember the opening in Resident Evil 2 where all the shots fired at William Berkin missed?
Dear God don't remind me...
Formerly Boreas249.