Captain Keen's Joy Machine

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Captain Keen's Joy Machine

Post by Keening_Product »

I just found this band when googling "Captain Keen". An interesting and enjoyable mix of sounds. Ikey, the only song they have an MP3 of on Triple J, starts out like a Downtempo Midnight Oil release and sometimes sounds like it samples Radiohead's Kid A or Amnesiac. https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... oy-machine

From the band's Facebook page.
Captain Keen's Joy Machine is an experimental rock band that plays with custom designed electronic instruments and stuff.
I also like how one member's role in the band is "lead joystick."

So, there is/was a confirmed Keen reference band in Adelaide (Keen Must Die - https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist/keen-must-die), one which may just be a loose coincidence in Sydney... anyone want to start one in Melbourne?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Holy cow! Awesome find.
Also, this is just further proof that Australia as a whole is a closet Keen nation.

#wereallkeenforcookies
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Oh hey, you're in Sydney! Go to a show! Tell us how it is! Pass on our fan mail! Make them sign your body parts!
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

If they had any available I might, but it's not the kind of music I listen to anyway. Still, it's good that there is still an active indie music industry here.

Fourplay Electric Eclectic String Quartet FTW!!!!!