Robocop

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Robocop

Post by Rorie »

Did anybody here ever get into Robocop? not the recent remake, but the original 3 super violent PG13+ films, I personally think the film released in 1987 plus the sequels in 1990 & 1993 were much better than the 2014 release, OK the remake was good but it lacked the charm of the 3 previous films
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Re: Robocop

Post by Keening_Product »

I watched the first and caught glimpses of the second a couple of years ago. I usually don't really like violent films, but actually watched and enjoyed RC1.

What is it you like about the originals, Rorie?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
PaquoCastor
Grunt

Post by PaquoCastor »

I saw most of 2 and 3 on the television. 3 was rather weird, and not that good. I've heard the first is the best, and I choose to believe that.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

Keening_Product wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 17:01 I watched the first and caught glimpses of the second a couple of years ago. I usually don't really like violent films, but actually watched and enjoyed RC1.

What is it you like about the originals, Rorie?
It would have to be the PG13 Violence and Gore and the character with the women, stating "I'd buy that for a dollar!

I was disappointed with the remake as it was more family friendly which was a departure from the originals but surprisingly enough it was the highest grossing film of the entire series, I didn't see how that was possible!
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Because of heavy hype and young people's attitude of "if it wasn't made in the last ten seconds, I won't even look at it"
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

keenmaster486 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:19 Because of heavy hype and young people's attitude of "if it wasn't made in the last ten seconds, I won't even look at it"
Aren't you a young people?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Keening_Product wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:01Aren't you a young people?
I'm an old soul.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
robert77wade
Grunt

Post by robert77wade »

I have watched the most recent one Robocop(2014) and I felt it was nice. Haven't had the chance to watch the old ones but now I think I should give it a try maybe then I can compare all the movies.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

The dance music scene (PTP - Show Me Your Spine) makes me wish more than anything that I could have experienced the 1980s.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

I saw the first three Robocop movies, but have yet to see the remake.

Most remakes are crap, most especially since Hollywood has little originality, creativity, passion, and most of the writing is extremely nonsensical and lazy. We all understand whether you're watching a movie, a TV show, or even playing a video game that there has to be some suspension of disbelief. But there also has to be some shred of realism too, make you belief even for the briefest of moments it could actually happen in real life even though you know deep down it won't.

Most of today's movies and video games distract you with the CGI, the graphics and ridiculous action scenes so you don't notice what a piece of crap it truly is. There is little to no character development, one-dimensional characters you can't care about, little to no story, gaping plot holes, things that happen for zero reason just to push the plot forward, complete and total disregard of scientific accuracy, wiping their ysses with every fundamental law of Physics, CGI and special effects that are fake as shyt, action scenes with jump cuts every 2 seconds, so not only can't you see what is going on and who is who in the fight, if you could you would see how pyss poor the scene is constructed and also realize it is completely unrealistic and lacks any logic, protagonists that are morons and the only reason they are able to win is because the antagonists are even bigger morons, and non-superhuman, clearly mortal protagonists surviving situations that would kill Superman! Surviving these impossible odds is bad enough, but to walk away without a single injury or a scratch? Really?

This basically takes all the suspense and all the fun out of a movie. Even though we know deep down the "hero" is somehow going to find a way to win, it does create suspense and even a "got me at the edge of my seat, I can't miss this!" moment when the hero finds themselves in a near impossible situation and even for the briefest of moments, you think to yourself that not only could he actually lose, but the villain is going kill him! Not in most of today's movies, not at all.

There is no suspense or entertainment at all in a hero who faces little to no danger, no possibility that they can lose or even die, or worse that the antagonist provides little threat to the hero or so inept they are not even a worthy opponent to the protagonist. When a hero who is clearly mortal can survive EVERYTHING, when the plot, story, situations, and action sequences are so mind numbingly stupid that they are COMPLETELY DEVOID of ALL common sense and logic, how can anyone actually think these movies are any good?

Most of today's movies suck because most people will swallow any byllshyt Hollywood shoves down their throats. As long as millions, even billions are willing to settle for mediocrity, rarely will we get a good movie. If those Hollywood elitist douches spent more time making movies and less time shoving their political views down our throats and spewing death threats at any who dare to disagree with them, we might start getting good movies again.

In the meantime I will stick with Commander Keen, YouTube, shooting, and music. In fact, the next time I go out to the range, maybe I will use my DVD's as skeets.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees