Slayer

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Slayer

Post by Rorie »

what is your opinion on the heavy metal group slayer? from what i believe is that they are extreme & out of control. the media has accused them of being a group of anti-religion white supremacists. front man tom araya denies this he claims to call himself a catholic ha! i wouldn't bet on that since he has an interest in serial killers & about the lyrics he writes. yes i do like raining blood but now i try to avoid slayer at all costs. they are worshipers of the devil i believe. some metal isn't about the devil but sadly these kinds of metal group still seem to worship satan but that is my opinion i would like to hear yours so if you have something to say then go ahead
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I think it's just music. Like all music, it's just sounds. If the music is made with evil intentions (:mort), and I doubt this is, only its makers have that intention. It doesn't affect me as a listener, everything is neutral to me. So I don't frankly care whatever I listen to. But granted, I don't listen to stuff about devils or hate of religions or such, as I think those are silly and rather childish.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
LJH
Vortininja

Post by LJH »

I don't care what my music's about as long as it's good.
I don't even understand some of the stuff I listen to.
time goes by 時の流れは二人を変えて行くけれど
失くしたものも夢見るものもその手を取って思い出すよ
いつも君の側で...
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

I was going to post a sarcastic reply but I decided not to.

Seriously Rorie: Get a grip!
Aaaah, not the bees!
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

I disagree with you, Rorie.
If you want something out of control, take a look on Shining (if my memory serves me well) for example. They maul theirselves and their fans onstage, and they sometimes drinks urin.. (From what I've heard)

Slayer sure has strage lyrics but it doesn't reflect the bandmembers. I am sure no one would ever expect Johnny Depp to be mad, just as his role as "Jack Sparrows" from Pirates of the Caribbean.
It's just a role.
I think it is same for Slayer. The "anti-religion" stuff is just an image.

I'm in a band and we've written a song about being heartbroken (the usual stuff heh), but for me it's quite the opposite. I've got a girlfriend and we love each other very much.

BTW, I've seen Slayer live twice and I must say it's the worst liveband ever. So boring..
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I don't care what my music's about as long as it's good.
I think that might be dangerous in some cases. Suppose you sing tunes of dubious political intentions. Like once I heard a reggae song with the text "kill all the white men". The song was all in all laid back (yeah, reggae) but had an extremely militant text.
If you don't understand a text, this doesn't mean others who do, won't mind you listening to that music, you might upset others to say the least.
I am sure no one would ever expect Johnny Depp to be mad
I expect him to be mad, as I do for many actors and artists. I think you have to be mad to do things he does. :pirate
But I think he may not be as mad as tom cruise who monitors his wife 24/7 by camera and eating his childs afterbirth... :sick
Image You crack me up little buddy!