Last movie you saw

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Yeah, it is supposed to look that way. :) Since it was all supposedly amateur photography, you get the whole Blair Witch thing with the people running around with the camera and dropping it and falling down and all that, which makes for very shaky camera work. A lot of people I know who saw it said that they were getting motion sickness from it all. :barf
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Just as I suspected. Cloverfield (awesome). It took a boring and generic "monster in Manhattan" concept and made it real, and didn't come off as a generic survival horror. LJH, you must tell me some other movies you hate.

Thankyou for Smoking was great, too. Definitely recommended.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

You liked Cloverfield?? Sure, it was a great concept, but the characters were so annoying I couldn't watch it, I ended up fast forwarding through to find out what happened in the end (because it *was* an interesting idea) but all that bickering got on my nerves.

I can't stand that whole "hey, that guy's about to do something stupid, let's spend five minutes telling him it's a bad idea and we wouldn't do it, then when he doesn't listen, let's all follow him anyway and spend 10 minutes telling him it's a bad idea even though we're all doing it now."
Sciz CT
Council Janitor

Post by Sciz CT »

Just got back from Wall-E. As words are currently failing me, I'll simply say that you need to see this movie.
Allstories
Annoyed Grunt

Post by Allstories »

I saw WALL-E last night. I agree that it's excellent.

It's probably better if you have a girlfriend or something to see it with, though. It's more of a love story than a children's movie. I went in expecting something awesome and got something awesome with a side of 'oh god when will I meet a nice girl like that <:\ '
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Malvineous wrote:You liked Cloverfield?? Sure, it was a great concept, but the characters were so annoying I couldn't watch it
Yeah, what a crap movie.

Really, that didn't bother me much. The general atmosphere managed to overpower the melodrama nicely.

Today I watched Get Smart. Brilliant and strongly recommended, just as I'd expected. It does great justice to the series. Saw the trailer for Wall-E while I was there too, and it does look excellent. I'll be watching that as soon as the opportunity arises.
LJH
Vortininja

Post by LJH »

StupidBunny wrote:A lot of people I know who saw it said that they were getting motion sickness from it all. :barf
Dunno about motion sickness, but me and my gf at the time got boredom sickness. >_>
Commander Spleen wrote:LJH, you must tell me some other movies you hate.
This one.
time goes by 時の流れは二人を変えて行くけれど
失くしたものも夢見るものもその手を取って思い出すよ
いつも君の側で...
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I'm jealous that you guys can just go in and see those 3D movies, I feel too ashamed to go. Perhaps the movie culture is different, here they try to make you feel guilty for seeing those, I guess. :confused So no Wall-E for me... :(
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Sciz CT
Council Janitor

Post by Sciz CT »

Anyone who tries to shame you for seeing a Pixar movie (especially one as wildly artistic and imaginative as Wall-E) has no taste and should be ignored.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

ROFL. Congratulations LJH, you've taken my Rick Roll virginity. Although, does it count if I closed it as soon as I saw the title and didn't let it load?
KeenRush wrote:I'm jealous that you guys can just go in and see those 3D movies, I feel too ashamed to go. Perhaps the movie culture is different, here they try to make you feel guilty for seeing those, I guess. Confused So no Wall-E for me... Sad
:confused

...What Sciz said. Who exactly are 'they'?
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

I got a kick out of Kung Fu Panda... :)
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I guess Kung Fu Panda is now the last movie I've seen. It was funny...a lot funnier than I expected it to be. :) I'm going to see WALL-E either tomorrow or the day after...

And the people bitching about how you shouldn't be seeing computer-animated kid's movies are clearly doing so because they're secretly self-conscious about their own manhood or whatever and have to compensate by making you feel bad. All I can say is that they really aren't worth worrying about. (I've known people like that before.) :dead2
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Xky wrote:I got a kick out of Kung Fu Panda... :)
*cough* Pun not excused.

Kung Fu Panda looks way too gimmicky for my liking. I'm gonna steer clear of that one.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Commander Spleen wrote:Who exactly are 'they'?
Good question. 8) They aren't anybody I know, but just something general opinion or hostility, manifested in people selling the tickets and people seeing one stepping into theatre room about to show such movie. It can be I'm imagining things, not having been to see such movie. It's just so that here it's unusual for adults to see those kids' movies, at least if one isn't accompanied by one's own kids, garg knows what they think of the people who come to see those movies on their own. :barf It's unfair, and I don't want to be thought of in that way.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Last movie in theaters: Kung-Fu Panda

Last movie not in theaters: Transformers: The Movie (the animated one from 1986)
KeenRush wrote:I'm jealous that you guys can just go in and see those 3D movies, I feel too ashamed to go. Perhaps the movie culture is different, here they try to make you feel guilty for seeing those, I guess. :confused So no Wall-E for me... :(
Anyone shaming someone into not seeing animated movies is like shaming someone into not playing a platformer game about a kid genius saving the world and galaxy from obliteration.