Last movie you saw

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Left Behind 1, 2, and 3

Awesome explosion and acting. "My will be done!" was the best line in the series. Nicolae walking on the burning building looking a bit irritated was LOLworthy. :lol
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

heheh, the 2012 thing. Haven't seen the movie yet.

2012 is Y2K, but stupider. With Y2K, we rolled over into a new century, which would supposedly at best, stop some computers working, and at worst, cause missile launch computers to fire nuclear warheads etc. everywhere (or so the crazies say). 2012, the Mayan Long Count calendar rolls over. Similar, but the key difference here is that no computers run on the Mayan Long Count. The Mayan long count runs out of years and goes back to zero. Just like we dont think the world is going to end at the end of each year. No, we start back again at day 1. It's loony ravings, the lot of it.

Just felt like venting my opinion, don't mind me. The movie looks alright tho.
Shonikado wrote:Looking back on what we've done and wanting to change it is the first step in becoming a weakling that cannot do anything.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

New Moon :bloody Man, did this movie drag on and on... More or less every time the characters spoke they sighed deeply before and after their lines. :tired It probably added around 30 minutes extra. Other than that, there were some quite funny scenes (unintentionally) -- especially the 'frolicking' scene where Edward and Bella ran in the woods. :lol I laughed quite a few times. By the way, I got to see it for free -- haven't spent any of my own money on movies lately. :D I might not have gone to see it otherwise. Overall, not the movie of the year... The story just isn't very good.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

Draik wrote:heheh, the 2012 thing. Haven't seen the movie yet.
It actually wasn't half bad.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

KeenRush wrote:New Moon :bloody Man, did this movie drag on and on... More or less every time the characters spoke they sighed deeply before and after their lines. :tired It probably added around 30 minutes extra. Other than that, there were some quite funny scenes (unintentionally) -- especially the 'frolicking' scene where Edward and Bella ran in the woods. :lol I laughed quite a few times. By the way, I got to see it for free -- haven't spent any of my own money on movies lately. :D I might not have gone to see it otherwise. Overall, not the movie of the year... The story just isn't very good.
I wouldn't want to see that movie even when I got paid for it. The original movie was such as bore, didn't know what to expect when I saw it.
Who decided anyway that vampires are attractive young people and gay?
Aaaah, not the bees!
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

They were always attractive, and sometimes even gay, see Herbert in "The Fearless Vampire Killers". The difference is that the Vampires were evil and they died in the sun instead of that stupid scintillating.

I've got a feeling that these days about 99.9% of the new movies are pure crap, so I've turned towards viewing classics.

The last one was "Forbidden Planet" and I could only recommend that to Sci-Fi fans (probably most of you have already seen it). Its amazing that the setting is extremely to an episode of Star Trek TOS, but with this movie being a whole 10 years older. Also this movie features the original Robot. And it's fun to see Leslie Nielsen as a young, attractive Commander. (No white hair!)
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Saw 2012 recently too. It was completely ridiculous in many instances, but entertaining. Most of the massive disaster scenes were well done. Though some were very half-arsed.

Just a cheap thrill. Don't watch it if you're expecting any kind of depth.
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

New Moon.

<3
IMA3HDDMNKY
Vortininja

Post by IMA3HDDMNKY »

ZidaneA wrote:New Moon.
:confused

Independence Day. It only served to remind me how much I dislike that piece of garbage.
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

Draik wrote:heheh, the 2012 thing. Haven't seen the movie yet.

2012 is Y2K, but stupider. With Y2K, we rolled over into a new century, which would supposedly at best, stop some computers working, and at worst, cause missile launch computers to fire nuclear warheads etc. everywhere (or so the crazies say). 2012, the Mayan Long Count calendar rolls over. Similar, but the key difference here is that no computers run on the Mayan Long Count. The Mayan long count runs out of years and goes back to zero. Just like we dont think the world is going to end at the end of each year. No, we start back again at day 1. It's loony ravings, the lot of it.

Just felt like venting my opinion, don't mind me. The movie looks alright tho.
It's silly how this end-of-the-world thing ever came to be associated with the calendar and even more that people believe there actually was a prophecy about it in the first place. The Youtube community has been quite good at producing ridiculous videos about it. The 'long count' i believe is an era which we try to 'build the world', after 2012 ends we get a new era to build our future on, hopefully we base our knowledge on all the past mistakes we made. In a sense, i really hope this is a new era where clasp or religions will finally break and set people free, where we manage to build environmentally sustainable societies on this planet and that people will think less of money and more about feelings.

Come on, we can do it! :eek

The fear or judgment day is simply a response from religious communities when their ideas are starting to fall apart, it always has been. Fear is always a good way to determine the 'health' of a society and during harsh times it's gets quite apparent.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

According to hinduism, the end of our existence is still hundreds of thousands of years off, as we are still in the early Kali Yuga period. After that point, Brahma will just create another universe with new people to live in it :p
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

Speaking of fear, i suppose most of you have seen Paranormal Activity already?

Since i live in northern Europe most American movies screens here late but i saw it some while ago anyway.

My judgment would be 'a bit over average' and i don't really see all the hype about it. To me it didn't surpass Blair Witch Project because i found that movie much more 'exotic' and mysterious. Demons feels so boring compared to ancient witchcraft, and Blair Witch was more surreal in a way. It was still scary at times though and i was glad i could watch it alone without any giggling 14-year-olds around me.

Btw, i just finished watching the whole Twin Peaks series as well as the prequel movie Fire Walk With Me. At times i was speechless how good quality they produced back in the 90s. Too bad you notice a slight drop in production quality at the end, but the craziness of the last episode makes good for it :crazy

ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

IMA3HDDMNKY wrote:
ZidaneA wrote:New Moon.
:confused
Do you got a problem with that?
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

New Moon has been incessantly criticized, and from what I can gather not without reason. So people are surprised that you seem to like it, rather than joining the "abomination is not a word that goes far enough to describe this disgrace to cinema" crowd.
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

Deltamatic wrote:New Moon has been incessantly criticized, and from what I can gather not without reason. So people are surprised that you seem to like it, rather than joining the "abomination is not a word that goes far enough to describe this disgrace to cinema" crowd.
Because of my opinions about the movie, people seem to look down on me. I don't want that to happen here so we'll just leave it at this.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen