Mighty Max and Sonic SatAM

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Mighty Max and Sonic SatAM

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

U like? I remember this stuff as a kid and rejoice that I am now able to watch all the episodes on youtube. I'm surprised at how dark these kids shows were compared to today, and I rather enjoy Max's witty banter and the stupid things sonic says in failed attempts to sound cool. I also remember this weird claymation about a green monster who lived under a kids bed and ate socks and a kiddy cartoon version of tales from the crypt. And *shiver* reboot and the donkey kong animated series :barf I'm pretty certain these all came on the same channel on saturday mornings but can't remember what it was (was it ABC or kid's WB or what?)
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
StupidBunny
format c:

Re: Mighty Max and Sonic SatAM

Post by StupidBunny »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:I also remember this weird claymation about a green monster who lived under a kids bed and ate socks
Bump in the Night! :D I remember that show. I used to watch it a lot...I wonder if they still air old episodes any more?
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Sonic SaTAM was a great show, though I preferred Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, which was around pretty much the same time. But had less characters as the main cast, yet was less serious.

Both came on ABC, I believe, as both had Jaleel White for the voice of Sonic, who played Urkel on Family Matters. Being that AoStH, SatAM and Family Matters were all on ABC.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

For some reason I always thought of sonic as being black (if he were a human). Maybe the voice acting had something to do with it. I also had the idea in my head that tails was a little blonde kid and knuckles was a native american. But just what is an english hedgehog, an asian fox, and an austrailian echidna all doing in south american islands? This notion has been perplexing me for a while :crazy
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:For some reason I always thought of sonic as being black (if he were a human). Maybe the voice acting had something to do with it. I also had the idea in my head that tails was a little blonde kid and knuckles was a native american. But just what is an english hedgehog, an asian fox, and an austrailian echidna all doing in south american islands? This notion has been perplexing me for a while :crazy
They were on a flight from Australia when their plane split in half and they crash-landed on a deserted island. Then they spent 5 seasons trying to get off the island, but were ultimately killed by polar bears and random puffs of smoke.
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

I remember these shows from when Saturday morning TV DIDN'T suck (ie, late 80's to mid 90's). On my ABC channel, they also ran *classic* Looney Tunes as part of the lineup. (I think Doug and Pepper Ann were also part of that lineup)

I didn't like Sonic SatAM at all... It just did not compare to Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. As a kid, I loved the lighter, cartoony feeling the AoStH had, and it even loosely followed the video games, as they were both released around the same time.

I didn't find out until *last night* that Jaleel White did the voice of Sonic...I was only 4 when the shows aired (Sept 93) and I never made the connection until I found episodes of it on YouTube. Urkel is Sonic...:lol

Please don't remind me of Reboot. I'd very much like to forget that show forever.

Thank you for reminding me of a day when Saturday morning TV didn't have to be politically correct or shove political (dare I say brainwashing?) messages down the throats of America's youth. Thank you.
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Your thread's title made me think of Sam and Max. Which, coincidentally, also had a "saturday morning cartoon" made out of them. :p I honestly don't know the other cartoons mentioned though.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

DaVince wrote:Your thread's title made me think of Sam and Max. Which, coincidentally, also had a "saturday morning cartoon" made out of them. :p I honestly don't know the other cartoons mentioned though.
Honestly, the Sam and Max cartoons weren't as good as the video games...it didn't have the same charm
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Well, they WERE cartoons for kids. They still had Purcell's charm though, and they could get away with so much stuff. I think it's pretty true to the comics at least, even without all the violence.
Wow look at me I'm lurking