The "I'm looking for a classic game" Thread

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

It IS. It was 'inspired by' Jill, which tells you something.

You're talking about Xargon.

I've got it on an external hard drive, amongst other Epic Megagames releases, and every Apogee game.
Two games using the Jill engine, which are diverting to play, Xargon and Onesimus (Which even uses many of the graphics, I tend to think of it as a Jill levelpack, good stuff!)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:I actually recall two games I can't remember the name of I want to see again.

One was a PS1 game where you played as a robot rabbit and it was an FPS. I know the title contained some kind of pun like "rabbot" or something. Each map was just a big place you could explore, really. You could beat enemies by jumping on them or by shooting powerups you picked up, one of which was called a "cherry bomb", and as you might guess it was literally a cherry that blew up.

There was this old mac game, I doubt any of you have ever seen it. I think the title involved the word "playhouse" or "clubhouse" or something to that effect. I got it in floppies. It was another one of those edutainment games where you're in this room with a mouse wearing overalls or something and there's this green monster with one eye, no arms, and a birdo nose. There was this kid-pix like thing where the backgrounds are already made for you and all you get to do was put pre-made stamps on it. There was also this crazy board game. I really don't remember what it involved at all, but I do remember it could be 2 players, where one player piece was the mouse and the other was the green monnster thing (or maybe both were monsters and one of them was orange).
The psx game sounds like Jumping Flash. It's quite rare actually.
The mac game is Treehouse, one of my favorite early games. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVttXJVqBuw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KSvtKAx ... re=related
wildrooster wrote:I'm looking for an old Apple IIe fantasy game. I was like 10-12 last time I saw it. All I remember is that the box art featured a pyramid. I think most of the graphics were done using characters (@#$$%#). You were some guy wandering around. I remember something about honey combs.

Dunno. Long shot. I've searched high and low.
It sounds like a text-mode game. There aren't too many of those, so if you just try searching "Apple II text-mode" and read through the entire list, you should find it if it's available.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Roboblue you're my hero!
The treehouse game isn't the one I was talking about though, but it's very similar (monkeys?!)
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

There's something else I think it could be, but I can never remember what it's called.
From what I remember, it had a word processor, a kidpix-style painting program, and I think something for music. The version I had was for dos/windows 3.1.
Violet CLM
Grunt

Post by Violet CLM »

Playroom. Fun game, especially liked the mouse hole board game.
Last edited by Violet CLM on Tue May 25, 2010 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Thanks violet.
New!
Talks to you!
Improved Graphics!
Works with Windows!
I almost cracked up :lol
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Yes! Playroom = brilliant.

Anyone know the name of a C64 platform game that was similar to Lode Runner, but was a bit more colourful and contained vines instead of ladders?

Edit: Hmm, maybe it was Jumpman, but I seem to recall the levels being a bit more cramped.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Did Brøderbund use that green guy in any other games? I'd thought he was a Treehouse exclusive.
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

RoboBlue wrote:There's something else I think it could be, but I can never remember what it's called.
From what I remember, it had a word processor, a kidpix-style painting program, and I think something for music. The version I had was for dos/windows 3.1.
You might be talking about 'The Amazing Writing Machine' It had the KidPix style graphics editor and it did word processing. The music youre talking about may be in the 'typing sounds' or something.

I've got the CDROM for it somewhere around my house.
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

I looked it up, but I'm fairly sure that's not it. :/
It would've been from the late 80s or very early 90s. Thanks though. :)
Oh, there's something else I've been looking for:
A very old spelling program called balloonspell; It originally came on a 5 1/4 floppy.
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

Genius314 wrote:Anyone who can get Rodent's Revenge and Pipes from BOWEP to work on a modern version of Windows will forever be awesome.
I have the original install for BOWEP, that works just fine on Windows XP. I'm pretty sure it'll work on a newer OS as well. PM me if you want the file and we can make arrangements to get it to you.
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

I have the BOWEP games, they just don't work. Not on XP, not on Vista, not on 7, not even in WINE.
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

Genius314 wrote:I have the BOWEP games, they just don't work. Not on XP, not on Vista, not on 7, not even in WINE.
That's just weird, because they all work just fine on my XP system -- and I'm not using any compatibility modes, either.

I installed them from the original install package, which may have installed any necessary .dll files.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Does anyone remember a game that was a parody of Lemmings? Instead of saving the little guys, you had to kill them, but it looked exactly the same otherwise.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Image You crack me up little buddy!