The "I'm looking for a classic game" Thread

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

The "I'm looking for a classic game" Thread

Post by RoboBlue »

I'm sure we've all gone through the experience of having to search for a game that we don't remember the name of, and having to rely only on our faintest memories. Personally, I am searching for a game that was entitled, if I remember correctly, Jill of the jungle 4.
It was a 2.5D game (sort of like River City Ransom) that was a lot like a typical adventure game. I think I got it on a Game Empire CD, but I can't remember for sure.
Last edited by RoboBlue on Thu May 20, 2010 5:46, edited 2 times in total.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

What? There's a sequel to Jill of the Jungle?! I gotta play it!

Yeah, I've had the experience of trying to find childhood games, mostly due to them having epic fail generic titles. I kept googling 'king's court' for the longest time, only findning screenshots for some golfing game. Then I found out the game's name is actually king's field.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

There's a game I've been looking for for ages and ages. It's a game for REAL little kids and really has no gameplay, and I'm just interested in finding it for nostalgic purposes. It had some lame-ass title like "The Counting Game" or something and featured a mouse in a straw hat named Hickory who had a little gnat living in his hat. At the beginning of the game he'd say "Hello, hello, hello! Hickory here!" and the gnat would buzz a little jingle of some kind. There was one game where you went around a maze of waterlilies in a cardboard boat looking for numbers and eating pizzas, and another game where you clicked on numbered acorns and a corresponding number of forest animals would do really perplexing things like inflate themselves and fly away. It was weird, and stupid, and not really much of a game, but I'd love to find it anyway.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

I recently found about two games I played demos of in PS1 as a kid. They were Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee and Overboard! (awesome pirateship game, I only remember one level with a dark theme, but it was neat and superhard anyway!). Without finding videos about them on a certain forum, I would never have remembered their names.

Jill of the Jungle seems to be a trilogy..
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

I'm looking for an old DOS game, POD... You're moving on some sort of blocks. The blocks change colors and blue ones disappear when you stand on them. When you "delete" all the blocks this way, the level is complete. I loved that game.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I actually recall two games I can't remember the name of I want to see again.

One was a PS1 game where you played as a robot rabbit and it was an FPS. I know the title contained some kind of pun like "rabbot" or something. Each map was just a big place you could explore, really. You could beat enemies by jumping on them or by shooting powerups you picked up, one of which was called a "cherry bomb", and as you might guess it was literally a cherry that blew up.

There was this old mac game, I doubt any of you have ever seen it. I think the title involved the word "playhouse" or "clubhouse" or something to that effect. I got it in floppies. It was another one of those edutainment games where you're in this room with a mouse wearing overalls or something and there's this green monster with one eye, no arms, and a birdo nose. There was this kid-pix like thing where the backgrounds are already made for you and all you get to do was put pre-made stamps on it. There was also this crazy board game. I really don't remember what it involved at all, but I do remember it could be 2 players, where one player piece was the mouse and the other was the green monnster thing (or maybe both were monsters and one of them was orange).
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I'm looking for an old CGA platformer (not smooth scrolling no...) where you played as Dracula and you could transform into a bat or a werewolf. That was awesome, but I don't know what it's called.

Sadly I haven't heard of any of the other seeked games, or I don't have them
Image You crack me up little buddy!
wildrooster
Vortininja

Post by wildrooster »

I'm looking for an old Apple IIe fantasy game. I was like 10-12 last time I saw it. All I remember is that the box art featured a pyramid. I think most of the graphics were done using characters (@#$$%#). You were some guy wandering around. I remember something about honey combs.

Dunno. Long shot. I've searched high and low.
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Post by Toomuchsparetime »

I would consider that Malvineous game (something about Dreams or Unreality?) a spiritual sequel to Jill, but I don't think there was an actual sequel to it. But if there was, I would play the living FUCL outta it! :D
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

WARZONE by DOUG JENKINS DAMMIT

who has it?!?!?
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

Toomuchsparetime wrote:I would consider that Malvineous game (something about Dreams or Unreality?) a spiritual sequel to Jill, but I don't think there was an actual sequel to it. But if there was, I would play the living FUCL outta it! :D
You're talking about Xargon.

I've got it on an external hard drive, amongst other Epic Megagames releases, and every Apogee game.
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Anyone who can get Rodent's Revenge and Pipes from BOWEP to work on a modern version of Windows will forever be awesome.

There was this one game for Playstation (or Sega Genesis, maybe?) that my cousins had, that looked kinda like Lemmings or Jetpack, and there were guys walking around that could get stuck in quicksand.

There was another, it was like a cheap DOS first person shooter, where you could choose one of two robots, and then you had to find the other in a maze.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

There IS a game that is considered by many as the 4-th Jill of The Jungle. It's Vinyl Goddess From Mars. But... although it has some similarities with Jill and Xargon, I consider it as a crap game.

IMA3HDDMNKY
Vortininja

Post by IMA3HDDMNKY »

Crap game? Maybe. But an awesome menu screen!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

looks nothing more than a cheap photocopy of jill to me :barf