The "I'm looking for a classic game" Thread

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Rebellion?
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

It sounds like a RTS game? Maybe Empire at War or Galactic Battlegrounds?
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Hey, does anybody here know about that very old puzzle game called POD? You play as a spider-like creature (or robot, I don't know) moving on colored blocks, where the color was depending on how many times can you stand on the block before it disappears. The goal was to "delete" all the blocks in the level, and when you step in the space, you fall down and lose a life... I know it's probably illegal, but I can't find a download anywhere! :O It was such an awesome game, I NEED to play it again. (That darn Czech Google finds names of towns, mountains etc., and even a racing game named POD too :x )

And there was one more game I'd love to see. It was a simple pinball, before you started the game, random shapes were floating around the screen. I can't remember the name, but there were really interesting tables, and from what I can remember, some of them had 3 of these needle-like things (I don't know how in the world is that called in English) and one of them was pretty strange. It's teh best pinball game ever and I must find it at all costs.
MOM4Evr
Vortininja

Post by MOM4Evr »

Oh, man, just remembered two games I used to play a lot...
They were educational games. I forget what both were called, but they were phonics-based learning games. One of them had a couple cool songs in it; there was this green guy (cricket maybe) who sang "Rap-so-D", like a rap song about the letter D. Some other creature did this song where he played on the piano (I think that creature had a mohawk or something). All I can remember about the rest of the game was that in one part of it, there was this picture or something, and this guy on this lawnmower would come now and then... rgh. But anyhow, I think you could print out cool pictures with sentences, one of which was this alien dude...

All I remember about the second one is that it had this cool dog guy strumming on a guitar singing "A says ah, ah as in apple, B says buh, buh for Bear, C says cuh, cuh as in Cat, D says duh, duh for Dog..." etc.

Problem with digging back deep in your memory is that it oftentimes fails you, so I may have some facts wrong here. But does anybody know what either of these games are?
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

MOM4Evr: Are you thinking of either Kid Phonics 1 or 2?
MOM4Evr
Vortininja

Post by MOM4Evr »

Yep! That was it! Awesomeness. Thanks!
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

I need help. I'm looking for a tune that played in a cool intro/trailer video of an old PlayStation game called Viva Football (known in US as Viva Soccer). This game is so rare, not even Wikipedia has an article about it. I don't even know the exact release date of this game, I presume it was in 1998.

If I can remember correctly, the video featured colourful fireworks and football players running around, and eventually the game logo would appear and the video would fade away. The tune that played in the video has been on my mind for years yet I can't find it. Heck, it was only recently that I managed to remember the name of the game.

EDIT: Found it. For anyone interested, the song in question is a 90s pop song called Samba de Janeiro by Bellini. The song is actually well-known and popular, I'm so ashamed I didn't pick it up immediately :-o
Last edited by Grimson on Fri May 27, 2022 7:16, edited 1 time in total.
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

There's a game that you are in some sort of vehicle and go through castles catching flags or something. Several flags. Like a futuristic "Capture the Flag!" game, for DOS of course... Any ideas. YOu play as red or blue.
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Were they hovercraft? Was it 3D?
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Hey yeah, I vaguely remember that... it came with Windows 95 iirc.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Holy garg, that's it!!! Thanks a million!!!
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

That guy's homepage is a lesson in how not to ever build a website. Ever.
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)