Guess that game!

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Guess that game!

Post by DaVince »

Edit: this is now a thread where you describe a game, perhaps give a screenshot, and people have to guess what game it is.

Here's a thread dedicated to describing a game you know, but don't remember the name of. And then hopefully someone can answer that question for you.

I actually have a game that I've been looking for forever. It's a DOS platform game where you're a knight, and you have to go to and through different areas, mostly landscapes and castles. Water kills. The game is challenging but I found it to be very fun.

Does anyone know what game I am talking about? What's it called? I miss that game.
Last edited by DaVince on Fri Oct 22, 2010 17:49, edited 3 times in total.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

What type of gameplay? Action/Adventure, RPG, Point and click, Text only, Graphics with text commands?
The only think I can think of is Ghosts and Goblins, but didn't think that was for DOS.

Heretic or Hexen comes to mind also.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

We kinda already have a thread like this. :/
https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/viewtopic.php?t=120 ... sc&start=0
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I'm also looking for such a platformer for dos, but wherever it's was knight or not, I don't remember. Does it include wells? Does in the first level you start moving from left to the right?
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Re: "What's that game's name?" thread

Post by ZidaneA »

DaVince wrote: I actually have a game that I've been looking for forever. It's a DOS platform game where you're a knight, and you have to go to and through different areas, mostly landscapes and castles. Water kills. The game is challenging but I found it to be very fun.

Does anyone know what game I am talking about? What's it called? I miss that game.
I'm pretty sure you're talking about The Last Knight of Camelot. (Please tell me if I'm wrong.) I actually went through hell myself trying to find out the name of that game a year ago..
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Yep, we had the very same thread.

And I'm still looking for this:

I'm looking for an old CGA platformer (not smooth scrolling no...) where you played as Dracula and you could transform into a bat or a werewolf. That was awesome, but I don't know what it's called.

nobody ever heard of it?
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

The Last Knight of Camelot? Hyh! I don't know for Davince, but that really looks as the game I was looking for! Though... I'm not sure yet. I didn't remember the water. Also, there weren't any wells... I might mistaken it for some other game... But I remember there were some castle parts of the game that looked alike... Also not sure, but I think the graphics was looking more like this:

Oh well, thanx for showing this game. It's the closest of the games I've discovered yet.
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

ZidaneA wrote:
DaVince wrote: I actually have a game that I've been looking for forever. It's a DOS platform game where you're a knight, and you have to go to and through different areas, mostly landscapes and castles. Water kills. The game is challenging but I found it to be very fun.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about The Last Knight of Camelot. (Please tell me if I'm wrong.) I actually went through hell myself trying to find out the name of that game a year ago..
This game looks like it used the Jill of the Jungle/Xargon engine. Just by looking at the style of the game, as well as how the character jumps and falls.
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

tulip wrote:Yep, we had the very same thread.

And I'm still looking for this:

I'm looking for an old CGA platformer (not smooth scrolling no...) where you played as Dracula and you could transform into a bat or a werewolf. That was awesome, but I don't know what it's called.

nobody ever heard of it?
Dracula in London?
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

No sadly that's not it. You played as Dracula, and it was more or less a pure platformer without all those adventure elements.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

ZidaneA wrote: I'm pretty sure you're talking about The Last Knight of Camelot. (Please tell me if I'm wrong.) I actually went through hell myself trying to find out the name of that game a year ago..
THAT'S IT! Dude, thanks a lot. :)
EDIT: lol, and it's impossible to find a download for. :(
What type of gameplay? Action/Adventure, RPG, Point and click, Text only, Graphics with text commands?
First post said platformer. ;)
RoboBlue wrote:We kinda already have a thread like this. :/
https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/viewtopic.php?t=120 ... sc&start=0
I didn't notice it, sorry. Never looked into that thread because it didn't actually make me think people describe games to have them told what it was. :P
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

This one oughta be easy.

It's a great old classic.
BrainRain
Vortininja

Post by BrainRain »

Scarlet wrote:This one oughta be easy.

It's a great old classic.
That's Prince of Persia