Epic to revive Jazz Jackrabbit franchise?

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Yeah Cosmo, Jazz and Keen would be awesome to see revived. I would also like to see Milo revived (from crystal caves)-- You shoot aliens with missiles, pick up crystals and do some anti-gravity tricks-- that's all you need!
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

None of those franchises would be successful. The only game out of these that could have a chance (like, 1 out of 100) is keen for the iphone or something. However after all these years there is no point in reviving these franchises for game developers as there are other franchises that give much more money.

That's how the gaming industry goes and we all know it. I only wish some of the popular games that come out today weren't a pile of bullshìt (Call of Duty :|||||||||||||||||||||) Oh well, there's still good games. One just has to look for them... Although it's sad to see there's few good platformers (the 3d ones kinda died off as well).

IN THE MEANWHILE, ID SOFTWARE....................
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

The character is absolutely ugly. I am disgusted just looking at the rabbit. I mean, if they tried to make the rabbit any more anatomically incorrect and deformed/ugly - they could not have done a better job.

An absolute disgrace... done for profit only. Ruining a game like many other games got ruined. Fail.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

:\
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Scarlet wrote:The character is absolutely ugly. I am disgusted just looking at the rabbit. I mean, if they tried to make the rabbit any more anatomically incorrect and deformed/ugly - they could not have done a better job.

An absolute disgrace... done for profit only. Ruining a game like many other games got ruined. Fail.
Did you not read the post? It's just a tech demo. They're not making a game out of this awful design.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Scarlet wrote:The character is absolutely ugly. I am disgusted just looking at the rabbit. I mean, if they tried to make the rabbit any more anatomically incorrect and deformed/ugly - they could not have done a better job.

Don't be afraid to tell us how you REALLY feel :p (even though I kinda feel the same way, but like pmtart said, it's just a tech demo)
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

When one makes something, whatever it is, it should be aesthetically pleasing.

Not something to make one :barf
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Scarlet wrote:When one makes something, whatever it is, it should be aesthetically pleasing.

Not something to make one :barf
I pooped and it was aesthetically pleasing, but it didn't smell too great.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Poop is pleasing???

I see.

You're one of these... http://chicago.timeout.com/articles/out ... n-of-waste
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Platformers, specifically sidescrollers, are in my opinion the funnest type of games. I don't even particularly care for the popular titles of the genre, like Mario or Sonic... But it seems almost all of the early 90's PC sidescrollers were incredible games.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

mortimer wrote:Maybe if someone did a petition, we could ban all games but platformers, so everyone can see how good they are :P
Nuh-uh. I want my 2.5D shooters and non-MMO RPGs yorp you very much.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Paramultart wrote:I don't even particularly care for the popular titles of the genre, like Mario
What kind of fàggot are you?

I also also
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Everyone who wants a decent (and recent) platformer should try Super Meatboy! This game is a lot of fun! In a way it's a rip-off of Jumper, but adds tons of cool new stuff. Try it!
Snortimer
Vortininja

Post by Snortimer »

CKeen wrote:
Paramultart wrote:I don't even particularly care for the popular titles of the genre, like Mario
What kind of fàggot are you?

I also also
I don't really like Mario, also. I much prefer the Apogee/id style of platformer, where you don't jump on enemies to kill them, but shoot them. Also, I find the physics of most of the early Mario games pretty annoying.

Jazz Jackrabbit was awesome (especially #1), but this 3D demo... isn't.
Member since at least 1998 with... ah... some long absences. I was even a moderator at one point. I'll probably keep coming back here and there as long as this place still exists.