Epic to revive Jazz Jackrabbit franchise?

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Platformers are my favorite genre (like Paramultart, except I'm a huge Sonic fan). Keen, Sonic, Mario, Cosmo, Classic Duke, Secret Agent\Crystal Caves, Blinx (more recently). I even like the fact that Metroid Prime incorporated first-person platforming in it.

One thing that always drew me more to Sonic than Mario is because he didn't need to jump on the enemies' heads but you just had to jump at them (since he's spinning while in mid-air). But that's not to say Mario has bad gameplay, I just naturally prefer Sonic (1st non-educational video game I played besides Keen). But in this FPS saturated market, I'd defend Mario anyday (even though I do play FPS games).
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Lava89 wrote:Platformers are my favorite genre
Same
Lava89 wrote:Keen, Sonic, Mario, Cosmo, Classic Duke, Secret Agent\Crystal Caves, Blinx (more recently). I even like the fact that Metroid Prime incorporated first-person platforming in it.
GO CHUCKIE EGG!!!
Lava89 wrote:One thing that always drew me more to Sonic than Mario is because he didn't need to jump on the enemies' heads but you just had to jump at them (since he's spinning while in mid-air). But that's not to say Mario has bad gameplay, I just naturally prefer Sonic (1st non-educational video game I played besides Keen).
I prefer the mario killing methd as it makes more sense to th logic within my brain...
Lava89 wrote:But in this FPS saturated market, I'd defend Mario anyday (even though I do play FPS games).
I like FPSes, but the modern ones (Halo, HL2 etc) do appear to be much of a muchness. Bring back colourful and varied games!!!
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I'd say something but I'm still in shock.

But it'd never be made, or if it was they'd do to it what they did with Coker's Pocket Tales...
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Apogee1
Grunt

Post by Apogee1 »

There is only two ways this franchise will ever be made into a game again.

1. Epic decides to revive it. Not likely to happen.

2. Someone wants to dump a ton of money into Epic's hands to get a license. Not likely to happen since they will want to retain the IP. Very unlikely that anyone would dump a ton of money for a license, and then dump a ton more for development and not reap the rewards of breathing new life into a dead IP.
Back in Action
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

3.) Someone makes a fangame. Considering what they've managed so far, you never know...
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Apogee1
Grunt

Post by Apogee1 »

Well if it's a fan game, then it has nothing to do with Epic reviving the franchise.
Back in Action
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Apogee1 wrote:Well if it's a fan game, then it has nothing to do with Epic reviving the franchise.
Until they stifle it with a lawsuit.
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Commander Spleen wrote:Interesting.

However, if a new Jazz game was made that looks like that, I would put it right up there with Keen GBA.
That's what I was thinking. The graphics are something I would have seen in about 2002 or 2003, not today by any means. If Epic Games were to make a new Jazz Jackrabbit game, I would expect there to be a LOT better art than what is displayed in this demo.

I mean, recently Epic Games = Art. LOTS of art. Lots of GOOD art.
DHeadshot wrote:And other games that don't exist?
Did you check out the "Duke Nukem" GBC game which was actually a remake of Duke Nukem 2? Yeah it was horrible...
Paramultart wrote:Johhny Dash (Monster Bash)
Commander Keen
Jazz Jackrabbit
Snake Logan (Bio-Menace)
Cosmo

Maybe even some of the lesserknowns like Skunny the Squirrel and Captain Comic.
Seriously? Monster Bash and Cozmo? I never played Monster Bash but I LOVED, as in LOVED Cozmo as a child. But really, what a god-awful cartoon character.

It would be stupendously awesome to get another Bio-Menace game. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME, especially if they kept the tongue-in-cheek cheesiness of it all.

AND

Of course, the reason why I'm here, I'm still waiting for the Next Commander Keen game and or make a fan game. (Still studying and reading but actually I'm not... >_> )
kuliwil wrote:Until they stifle it with a lawsuit.
This is Epic Games, not Lucas Arts.

:lol :lol :lol

*Sigh*

:rolleyes
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Galaxieretter wrote:
kuliwil wrote:Until they stifle it with a lawsuit.
This is Epic Games, not Lucas Arts.

:lol :lol :lol

*Sigh*

:rolleyes
:lol

It's also the United States, not China. Woo, poor copyright enforcement.
Then again, I'd rather break a US law than a Chinese law......
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."