Remake of Death Rally for iphone and ipad

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

iphone is expensive, 3ds is not?

Anyway, I hope they'll release it for android.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

I'll be excited when it's an i386 and ARM Linux port.

Also level editor.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Commander Spleen wrote:I'll be excited when it's an i386 and ARM Linux port.

Also level editor.
I reckon the original could be ported to the C64, given its simplicity, which presumably would excite you the most...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

That could be fun, but it's harder to = sufficient multiplayer/networking on C64, so broader portn still > all.
Apogee1
Grunt

Post by Apogee1 »

played with the 3DS at GDC, and I'm really unsure about this platform having the staying power that the DS or DSi had. My overall concern is the fact that you MUST keep the unit an exact distance from your head at all times in order for the 3D effect to stay in focus, move it just a bit in or out, up or down, tilted left or right, and the screen goes blurry. If you can sit or stand for hours just in the perfect position, I'm sure you will have fun, and it could be a cool device, but I going to have to say that this device is more of a wow factor at first, and then will be relegated to a life in the drawer not being used, unless it is playing non 3D games, which it does support all DS and DSi titles. In any case I'll be getting one to test on, because the developer units have such short cords they don't operate comfortably as testing units.

The stylus got an upgrade, it telescopes from about 2 inches to about 4 inches for storage/use.
Back in Action
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Since the 3D can easily be turned off, I predict that a lot of games will simply go without 3D. Why should Ocarina of Time be in 3D anyway?
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Apogee1 wrote:played with the 3DS at GDC, and I'm really unsure about this platform having the staying power that the DS or DSi had. My overall concern is the fact that you MUST keep the unit an exact distance from your head at all times in order for the 3D effect to stay in focus, move it just a bit in or out, up or down, tilted left or right, and the screen goes blurry. If you can sit or stand for hours just in the perfect position, I'm sure you will have fun, and it could be a cool device, but I going to have to say that this device is more of a wow factor at first, and then will be relegated to a life in the drawer not being used, unless it is playing non 3D games, which it does support all DS and DSi titles. In any case I'll be getting one to test on, because the developer units have such short cords they don't operate comfortably as testing units.

The stylus got an upgrade, it telescopes from about 2 inches to about 4 inches for storage/use.
Luckily there's more to the 3DS than just the 3D, and there's a good amount of interest from good 2nd and 3rd party developers. Because of this, I don't think the 3DS will do so bad even later on (heck the original DS is still getting good games released).
Wow look at me I'm lurking
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

DaVince wrote:the original DS is still getting good games released.
Hopefully the original DS will continue to get releases for some time (I want my Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 in English :O), but I've heard semi-credible rumors that Nintendo is intentionally squashing development/localization of first and second party games for the original DS, now that the 3DS is almost out.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

They ported it for PC! Now you can find it on Steam. They say it got some additional tracks and other changes. I have to admit: I haven't tried the phone version, but this one is as addictive as the original! They should have added some more little additions that I miss from the original game, but overall, they've done a great job!