These men must die...

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

BlueGasMask wrote: yeah, i get the point but it's not like I just play MW2 clones, or motion sensor games for that matter. Hell, me and my gf don't even go near her Wii anymore. We just play COD: BO, The Orange Box (I find Portal very fun in particular) and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. Other than that we usually play PS1 and PS2 games.. oh yeah, there's also Pokémon Ruby.

EDIT: This calls for a "reviews of games you have recently played" topic.
I don't see why you need to prove to anyone that you play games they like. If you like MW clones, more power to you, if you don't? It doesn't matter. The games are made to be fun, and if you have fun playing a more realistic game? I see nothing wrong with it on that principle alone. Its your time, your money.

I've followed the Call of Duty games till COD5 came out and I just lost interest. But I love the first MW and Cod2 took WWII combat to a new cinematic level-- it brought a rather glorified MOHAA clone into something a little cooler and now the other games clone COD.

As for multiplayer, I loved COD4's features, but after playing Team Fortress 2 I realized how unbalanced the game can be-- like with the laggy chopper gimmick and the over abundance of people throwing grenades. But that's not to say that I didn't have fun leveling up and getting new guns.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

BlueGasMask wrote:
CKeen wrote:
BlueGasMask wrote:or motion sensor games for that matter. Hell, me and my gf don't even go near her Wii anymore.
The fucl? Are you saying the Wii is made up of motion sensor games?

......Do you even have Donkey Kong Country Returns? I mean... If you have a Wii and only posses motion sensor games, it is time to expand your Wii library.
She has 2 games... Wii sports and Sonic Unleashed. And yeah, I do know. I wanted to buy her Tony Hawk's Proving Ground but she said she didn't like skating games. Also, fucl me! There is also such a thing as Mario Kart Wii which I plan on buying ASAP.
As I said, time to expand your Wii library :P

Since the Wii also fully supports Gamecube games, it's a pretty good deal actually. Get NSMB Wii, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid Prime, Monster Hunter (I've never played this one but I heard it's great) as a start. Oh and Mega Man Network Transmission if you don't mind unbalanced games.
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

CKeen wrote:
BlueGasMask wrote:
CKeen wrote: The fucl? Are you saying the Wii is made up of motion sensor games?

......Do you even have Donkey Kong Country Returns? I mean... If you have a Wii and only posses motion sensor games, it is time to expand your Wii library.
She has 2 games... Wii sports and Sonic Unleashed. And yeah, I do know. I wanted to buy her Tony Hawk's Proving Ground but she said she didn't like skating games. Also, fucl me! There is also such a thing as Mario Kart Wii which I plan on buying ASAP.
As I said, time to expand your Wii library :P

Since the Wii also fully supports Gamecube games, it's a pretty good deal actually. Get NSMB Wii, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid Prime, Monster Hunter (I've never played this one but I heard it's great) as a start. Oh and Mega Man Network Transmission if you don't mind unbalanced games.
Is Super Mario Sunshine OK? I've heard good reviews about it from from retro gamer friends.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

I know Wii discussion isn't on-topic, but personally I got more games for my Wii than I can manage to finish. And I mean games that aren't shovelware. Plenty of choice if you look around a bit, heck, even the Nintendo Store starts getting much better games (and finally has demos in case you were planning to try out, first)
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

BlueGasMask wrote:Is Super Mario Sunshine OK? I've heard good reviews about it from from retro gamer friends.
I have never played it, but I heard it is similar to Super Mario 64, a game I hated. You're better off going for the classic mario platformers. They are on Wii too after all.
RivaStyle
Vortininja

Post by RivaStyle »

Super Mario Sunshine!! It was the first game I had for GameCube... as CKeen said, it's similar to Super Mario 64, so you have to fight a little bit with the cam view in some situations, but it's not bad...

CKeen, Monster Hunter te lo sconsiglio... quando ti prende sei veramente finito, ho amici che giocano a Freedom 2 (su PSP) da 3 anni
"So Achmed, you're trying to impersonate someone?"

"I'm Santa Claus, dammit! I look just like him! I'm jolly... and I'm fat... ish..."
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

I thought Sunshine was superior to Mario 64, but that is coming from someone who played it first and then Mario 64. Better graphics, controls and camera. The biggest problems with the game I'd say is the camera, but it wasn't nearly as bad as Mario 64's, and the story was really lacking in my opinion. Overall, I found the game itself to be fun, whereas the problems with Mario 64 made it more grating.

So in addition to Sunshine, I'd also recommend Spider-man 2, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3, Super Smash Brothers Melee and the Sonic games on the gamecube.

If you're going to get any gamecube games, be sure to start as soon as you can. The games are in a sweet spot where they're cheap because they're being phased out. But after a while they'll be harder to find an thus more expensive.
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

[soyeah] i'm testing the killzone 3 mp beta. it's kinda meh for me but i'd like to play the whole game, including singleplayer. in fact, my gf has kz2 so i think i'll ask her if i can borrow it.[/soyeah]
PandoricaShark
To Be Precise

Post by PandoricaShark »

BlueGasMask wrote:Sonic Unleashed
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

anyway, there is only one thing good about black ops, which is a single custcene/level

there is only on the thing innovative about it, which is the aiming feature.
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

PandoricaShark wrote:
Sonic Unleashed is fucling awful.
PandoricaShark
To Be Precise

Post by PandoricaShark »

BlueGasMask wrote:
PandoricaShark wrote:
Sonic Unleashed is fucling awful.
Commander Spleen wrote:THIS POST IS IRREFUTABLE FACT
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

Holy garg I just played Operations as ISA and it was fucling beautiful. I hope Killzone 3 is gonna be an amazing game.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Bleh. Killzone sucks anyway.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

BlueGasMask wrote: Sonic Unleashed is fucling awful.
I heard Sonic Colors was really good. It essentially took the best parts of Sonic Unleashed on the 360\PS3 and just emphasized them with some new powerups.

I haven't played the game myself, but it was the first 3D Sonic game since Sonic Heroes that got good ratings from most of the critics, so that's saying something in itself, haha.
PandoricaShark
To Be Precise

Post by PandoricaShark »

CKeen wrote:Bleh. Killzone sucks anyway.
Commander Spleen wrote:THIS POST IS IRREFUTABLE FACT
Except Killzone Liberation. That was pretty good.