What's the name of DOS game where collect gems underground?

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

Ah yes. I remember playing a game like that.
Sounds like there are several different versions of that game. You run around collecting stuff and avoiding falling rocks or arrow traps, sometimes with monsters that follow along the wall and only move after you do.

But there was a particular one that I remember where you had a miner guy and you dug by just walking through squares of dirt. Then if you dug the floor out from under a rock it would fall as soon as you moved out from under it. I remember every level had a black background, but can't remember what you were supposed to be collecting.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I'm surprised that it took over ten replies for someone (Flaose) to finally come up with Boulder Dash. I thought this was a dos gaming community. Boulder Dash really should be up there with Pacman in terms of being a classic.

If you really meant Boulder Dash, I really enjoyed the clone Legend of Myra back in the day, where you are a bunny and collect cabbages instead of gems, but the gameplay is essentially the same, what with falling rocks and stuff.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

The clone I played the most of was probably Hero's Hearts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero%27s_H ... Windows%29
It is a DOS game but likely made Windows compatible later on.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

tulip wrote:I'm surprised that it took over ten replies for someone (Flaose) to finally come up with Boulder Dash. I thought this was a dos gaming community. Boulder Dash really should be up there with Pacman in terms of being a classic.
Wiivn actually mentioned it before I did, though I didn't notice until after posting.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Well, talking about Boulder Dash, there's actually a new game called Boulder Dash XL. It's nothing special, but it got some cool features such as the retro mode, a telescopic arm and the ability to catch the nearest block/crystal around you without the need to move above it. What I don't like is the small time limit, the counter at the beginning, the terrible music (with the exception of the retro mode) and the unnecessary darkening effect on the edges of the screen. It's worth checking it out if you're a fan of these games, but before you buy it, try it.

ALMN
Vortininja

Post by ALMN »

tulip wrote:I thought this was a dos gaming community.
PCKF, not PDGF
Last edited by ALMN on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:45, edited 1 time in total.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Oh c'mon Alex! Say something! Did you find your gamer?
someuser
Meep

Post by someuser »

Hi.

Could it be "The Legend of Myra"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLPO4yQYVpg
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

tulip wrote:I'm surprised that it took over ten replies for someone (Flaose) to finally come up with Boulder Dash. I thought this was a dos gaming community. Boulder Dash really should be up there with Pacman in terms of being a classic.
By the time Dos was big, clones of boulderdash (like Digging Jim) where bigger than the original game. That said, people ought to have at least heard the name at some point...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)