Enjoyable DOS games

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Nickssoft
Vortininja

Post by Nickssoft »

I had played Pickle Wars in 1995, 1996 and on and off again for the next 10 or so years. I finally sat down in April of 2009 and played through Episodes 1 -3 in one day and it was a amazing experience, the cutscenes, the new characters, the story. Great stuff. If you have the time, Play through Eps 1-3!

MVP Software recently released this as freeware!

http://download.mvpsoft.com/attic/registered/
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

I downloaded Pickle Wars from there for the first time a little while ago (kind of a pain you need to find a Windows PC to install a DOS game) but I wasn't particularly impressed. A lot of people seem to think it's great - am I missing something? I thought the graphics were a bit poor and the player control was worse than Word Rescue, although it was less of a problem in WR. What's the appeal?
Nickssoft
Vortininja

Post by Nickssoft »

Very Unique story
Great platform game by independant game maker
Flyingmouse
Vortininja

Post by Flyingmouse »

After getting really confused on the first level of Pickle Wars, I personally agree with Malvineous. The story is rather odd (in a good way) and the graphics are impressive, but the controls are really badly done; the game is also rather confusing at times. Also, long unskippable cutscenes is one of my major pet peeves. :dead2

Edit: Oh wow, I fail at grammar.
Last edited by Flyingmouse on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:28, edited 1 time in total.
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

Prince of Persia & The (even more) Incredible Machine