Possibly crazy game theories.

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Possibly crazy game theories.

Post by Bernie »

okay, brace yourselves. i thought of this the other day for some reason...

Johnny from Monster Bash is actually Dangerous Dave when he was a kid!!

they both wear the same red cap and they both fight similar type of bad guys (zombies, monsters etc.). and as to why they're names are different shut up.

what do you fellas think? also, any other conspiracy theories out there?
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Keen is Duke Nukem. They both fight aliens and have saved Earth multiple times.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

mortimer wrote:Keen is Doomguy. For sure.
He can't be.
Don't you know about the secret room in doom with keen tied up?

Unless it was a clone :confused
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

There's the one where Pong and Pac Man are in the same universe. That Pac Man is just collecting balls that fell in the sewer to sell. The ghosts are just security drones as the upper class people don't like their stuff stolen.
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Well, here are some thoughts:

guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

There's this article explaining how the characters in Wolf3d, Keen, and Doom are related. Just descendants in different time periods. Perhaps they suffer from some kind of hero complex.
http://www.cracked.com/article_19323_6- ... ys_p2.html
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

well the keen and wolf3d connection is quite intentionally there.
There's the one where Pong and Pac Man are in the same universe. That Pac Man is just collecting balls that fell in the sewer to sell. The ghosts are just security drones as the upper class people don't like their stuff stolen.
oh thats cool, i never heard that.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Games linked in the Apogee universe:

* Monuments of Mars (Linked to Keen via Garglike monsters)
* Crystal Caves (Via Keen's helmet)
* Duke Nukum (Via Proton's mention of Keen)
* Biomenace (Via saving Keen)
* Wolf 3D and Doom (Via explicit family history)
* Cosmo's cosmic adventure (Via being linked to Duke)
* Jill of the Jungle (Via Keen retiring mention in her game)
* Jazz Jackrabbit (Via JOTJ)
* Sonic the Hedgehog (Via Jazz Jackrabbit)

There are likely more, but that's a big universe of games as it stands!

Also note how we've seen Keen's death or implied death several times. The Doom scenario is easily brushed aside, these are demons and hell we're dealing with, and multiple Keens; likely this was just some sort of freudian setup by the forces of evil. The other main example though is in Duke 1.

Dr Proton mentions that Keen could not make it past his mercury mines, which suggests something happened to him there (And given this is a machine building genius here, he probably wasn't taken out for tea and biscuits.) but we see Keen in Biomenace, captured yes, but still living. How is that possible?

Answer: Dr Proton and Dr Mangle are connected. They're both evil geniuses who have become horribly mutated and have the same goal. Dr Mangle seems to have done a lot with mutants... but why all the machines everywhere? And some of Dr Proton's tech'bots' look rather organic in nature.

I believe there was a collaboration between the two, an exchange of mutants for technology. This trade was only starting when Keen was captured and Proton defeated, but the results were much more extensive in Biomenace (To the extent that you can actually see some decommissioned techbots in the game, in the developers room.)

Keen, genius that he was, was not killed by Proton, who obviously saw his potential as a hostage, think of how easy it would b to get information from an 8 year old child! He was sent to Mangle, who was obviously better st dealing with hostages (As in didn't shoot them to death on sight.) who got so far as weaponizing a Yorp before Snake Logan intervened. (Who knows what other mutants were born from the knowledge Billy supplied?)

This also suggests that Keen is not completely unknown on earth, Snake Logan (and thus the CIA) do not seem to be aware of him, but Proton and Duke do. This may be due to Duke also meddling in the affairs of aliens, but what about Proton?

Mad genius, take over the world... yeah, Mortimer knows this guy.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

mortimer wrote:
MoffD wrote: Don't you know about the secret room in doom with keen tied up?

Unless it was a clone :confused
A clone of Doomguy would be a formidable force indeed... I mean, look what ONE was capable of :P
Wait! It all makes sense now!

There were several keens in that room... so clearly someone WAS cloning Billy
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I believe Super Mario Bros. 2 ended when Keen turned off the dream machine.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

levellass, how do you know so much? ah-HA! You ARE commander keen aren't you! no wonder you're a wiz with patching. YOU ARE A BOY GENIUS!

also i think keen is probably behind dr mangle's and dr proton's creations. these two are perhaps creations of keen's themselves. and with all the connections, keen is behind ALL GAMES.

and since games are one of the biggest enternainment industries, that means KEEN IS BEHIND THE POWER OF THE WORLD. i found this out after being in my room for days obsessing over this. i must thus kill those in power with high powered rifles (they're not real anyways. all people are just patched enemies of the keen games). i must also shoot my parents.
DIE DIE DIE.

P.S. wiivn, that post with the pics of the muscular game guys- they should do one of those macho gun games like those but with some skinny camp guy as the hero. :dead
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

You mean like this guy?

If you don't know who that one is, just watch the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2ZX_ToJHFk
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

Levellass wrote:Games linked in the Apogee universe:

* Monuments of Mars (Linked to Keen via Garglike monsters)
* Crystal Caves (Via Keen's helmet)
* Duke Nukum (Via Proton's mention of Keen)
* Biomenace (Via saving Keen)
* Wolf 3D and Doom (Via explicit family history)
* Cosmo's cosmic adventure (Via being linked to Duke)
* Jill of the Jungle (Via Keen retiring mention in her game)
* Jazz Jackrabbit (Via JOTJ)
* Sonic the Hedgehog (Via Jazz Jackrabbit)

There are likely more, but that's a big universe of games as it stands!

Also note how we've seen Keen's death or implied death several times. The Doom scenario is easily brushed aside, these are demons and hell we're dealing with, and multiple Keens; likely this was just some sort of freudian setup by the forces of evil. The other main example though is in Duke 1.

Dr Proton mentions that Keen could not make it past his mercury mines, which suggests something happened to him there (And given this is a machine building genius here, he probably wasn't taken out for tea and biscuits.) but we see Keen in Biomenace, captured yes, but still living. How is that possible?

Answer: Dr Proton and Dr Mangle are connected. They're both evil geniuses who have become horribly mutated and have the same goal. Dr Mangle seems to have done a lot with mutants... but why all the machines everywhere? And some of Dr Proton's tech'bots' look rather organic in nature.

I believe there was a collaboration between the two, an exchange of mutants for technology. This trade was only starting when Keen was captured and Proton defeated, but the results were much more extensive in Biomenace (To the extent that you can actually see some decommissioned techbots in the game, in the developers room.)

Keen, genius that he was, was not killed by Proton, who obviously saw his potential as a hostage, think of how easy it would b to get information from an 8 year old child! He was sent to Mangle, who was obviously better st dealing with hostages (As in didn't shoot them to death on sight.) who got so far as weaponizing a Yorp before Snake Logan intervened. (Who knows what other mutants were born from the knowledge Billy supplied?)

This also suggests that Keen is not completely unknown on earth, Snake Logan (and thus the CIA) do not seem to be aware of him, but Proton and Duke do. This may be due to Duke also meddling in the affairs of aliens, but what about Proton?

Mad genius, take over the world... yeah, Mortimer knows this guy.
Lass, you are a freaking genius I swear.