Possibly crazy game theories.

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

wiivn wrote:You mean like this guy?
oh cool, never heard of this game before. but there should be something like this but for a FPS game. and maybe when you pick up the big guns you struggle to move cause the character is weak etc.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Bernie Oh, that's an easy one. Duke Nukem Forever:

Boreas249 she's not just genius, she's BOY GENIUS!
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

wiivn wrote:Boreas249 she's not just genius, she's BOY GENIUS!
I KNEW IT!! THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!!!

Also, Dangerous Dave is Johnny Dash's father.

Johnny Dash becomes Duke Nukem in the future, goes from killing zombies and monsters in order to save his dog to killer robots and aliens in order to save our women.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

I want to see some of the ID \ Apogee heroes team up Avengers style...maybe call them the "Apogeers?"

BJ Blazkowicz could come out cryogenic freezing.
Duke Nukem could be “volatile, self-obsessed, and doesn’t play well with others".
Commander Keen could come on the team to help find radioactive stuff.
Cosmo will come around later because his brother is the one amassing an army to take over earth.
Thi Barrett and Taradino Cassatt would be two assassins from HUNT.

I could see it now, in the middle of night, Duke Nukem comes home late and sees a figure in his house looking out a window. Tom Hall turns around with an eye patch "I want to talk to you about the Apogeers Initiative....".
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

I like that, Lava. Speaking of The Avengers, interesting to note that at the beginning of Iron Man 1, Tony Stark is awarded "this years Apogee Award."
*was waiting for an opportunity to say that*
Last edited by troublesomekeen on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:24, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Dr. Kylstein
Vortininja

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

I had wanted to make a game like that. It would have featured Duke (ala Duke 2), Snake, and Halloween Harry, together in a sidescroller.
Slayterdawg
Vortininja

Post by Slayterdawg »

My next MOD ?? Keen Manhattan Project :dead2
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

looking at that post there slayterdawg, this gets me onto a barely related note- i notice how when keen dies (in vorticons) you just get his head and feet- :dead2
and this is just like when mario dies in the mario bros. games.
so my question is, what the hell? :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused
what is it supposed to mean? barely makes any sense.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Apparently it's him being 'kicked up into his helmet'

Now let's talk Keen's speed.

Keen can move from tile 1 to tile 111 in level 1 of game 1 in 17 seconds. That is 110 tiles or 6.47 tiles per second. If we assume the Oracle Janitor (48 pixels tall) is 1.8m high (Close to average human height.) then each pixel in Keen Galaxy is 3.73cm Keen is thus 1.20m tall in Keen 4, and assuming no growth spurts in Keen 1-3, each pixel is 5cm a side.

Keen thus runs at 6.47 * 16 * 5cm = 5.17m/s This is a bit over half the speed of Sonic the Hedgehog in his first game (And ironically a quarter the speed of Mario in HIS first game.) That's about 19km/h

Keen is zippy
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Lava89 wrote: I could see it now, in the middle of night, Duke Nukem comes home late and sees a figure in his house looking out a window. Tom Hall turns around with an eye patch "I want to talk to you about the Apogeers Initiative....".
I laughed so hard at that.

Maybe the whole Thor/Loki thing should be played out with Keen/Mort

Now THAT's a movie I would pay good money for :drool
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

Levellass wrote:Apparently it's him being 'kicked up into his helmet'
but doesnt mario die the same way? still makes no sense! :(
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

troublesomekeen wrote:I like that, Lava. Speaking of The Avengers, interesting to note that at the beginning of Iron Man 1, Tony Stark is awarded "this years Apogee Award."
*was waiting for an opportunity to say that*
Oooh, that's a good point. I completely forgot about that.
MoffD wrote:I laughed so hard at that.
Thanks dude! haha
MoffD wrote: Maybe the whole Thor/Loki thing should be played out with Keen/Mort
Yeah I was thinking of using Cosmo because he's an alien (just like Thor was, compared to the human superhereoes) and Bruce Banner is the nerdiest of the group, and so Keen would be too. But Mort's and Keen's relationship does remind me more of Thor \ Loki. So maybe instead Cosmo could turn into a hulk version of himself?