God of Thunder

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

God of Thunder

Post by Malvineous »

For those of you who remember God of Thunder (which is available as freeware now), you might be interested to know that the game's data files have just been reverse engineered, and as I really like the music I wrote a quick utility to convert the songs into IMF format, so you can now download the music if you'd like to listen to it (song33 is my favourite!)

The tempo isn't quite right (I'm using 700Hz/6 = 116.6Hz, whereas it should be around 120-121Hz) but the difference is pretty small.

Hopefully I'll be able to document the format on the ModdingWiki soon. Thanks go to Grom PE for figuring out the GOT decompression code!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

The screenshots look like junk, but this is actually a really fun game (and filled with humor, too)! A game inspired by my viking religion is definately my forte :)

The rest of you guys have gotta try this! :dopekeen
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

God of Thunder is a weird game. :P
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Good news, everyone! I assume that includes all the graphics and maps, right? Care to link some more info?

My list in that favourite games thread needs to be modified again to take GOT into consideration. Somehow it slipped my mind at the time.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Yes, although I haven't looked at the graphics or maps yet, Grom PE has just about figured them all out (there are still a few 'unknown' files.) All we've got at the moment is source code though...
szevvy
Vortininja

Got

Post by szevvy »

All we've got at the moment is source code though...
Lies.

:p

Grom PE must be mad crazy about this game, there's a lot of craziness going on with files and such.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Haha, is that from Wombat? Did you use Grom PE's code or did you figure it out yourself? You're right though, all the file storage does seem to be a little convoluted.

Still, I got the music so I'm happy :-)
szevvy
Vortininja

Post by szevvy »

Grom's code ported across.