Most annoying enemies in video games

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Scilicet
Vortininja

Post by Scilicet »

I find the turtle at the bottom of the secret birdland in Jazz Jackrabbit to be highly annoying because it follows you like a shadow, so you can't easily kill it.
Any Gruzzle in Word Rescue when you have no slime and no place to drown it
Dart Demons in Spelling Blizzard. There is one level where you have to push an ice cube and and stay behind it while it moves. If you deviate too much in your speed (fairly easily done), you are shot by the dart demon and have to restart the level.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

The trick with the turtle is to slowly, slowly lower yourself down, testing by shooting. Eventually you'll be just in front of it, where you can shoot the hell out of it and kill it in 10 seconds.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Flyingmouse
Vortininja

Post by Flyingmouse »

Oh man, I completely forgot.

Wham Bam Jewel. :barf Or perhaps KSSU's True Arena as a whole would count over my previous choices...
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

Sulejmani. From Ace Combat Joint Assault

The game itsself was a disappointment, and this guy... ugghh. Him and his stupid hax squadron.

Especially the final battle.

LOOK AT ME SHOOTING DOWN YOUR MISSILES WITH THIS ANTI-MISSILE TURRET THAT ONLY MY AIRCRAFT HAS. OH WAIT, YOU DAMAGED IT? WELL THEN, LOOK AT ME SIDESTRAFING THROUGH THE SKY AS YOU SHOOT MISSILES AT ME, BECAUSE AIRCRAFT DO THAT.

MISSILE INBOUND GONNA SHIMMY OVER TO THE RIGHT

MISSILE INBOUND GONNA SHIMMY OVER TO THE LEFT

GONNA DO AN IMPOSSIBLE FLIP AND SPAM MISSILES AT YOU BECAUSE AIRCRAFT DO THAT

WOOOOO SO FAST 2FAST4U

AND WHILE ALL THIS IS GOING ON I'M GONNA WHINE MY SOB STORY AT YOU ABOUT HOW ALL I CARE ABOUT IS MONEY AND HOW MY PARENTS SOLD ME AS A CHILD. BAAAAAAAAWWWWWW

I hate him. I hate him so much. And I hate Namdai for ruining a good series.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Gonna resurrect this after 4 days.
The worms from Xenon 2 Megablast. They're usually predictable but fast as hell and if they touch you at all you're pretty much screwed. Not to mention the sheer amount of these foul bastards.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »