Most annoying enemies in video games

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Boreas249
Vortininja

Most annoying enemies in video games

Post by Boreas249 »

We've all come across foes in video games that got on our nerves quite a bit. What would you say are the most annoying foes you've come across? They can be average enemies or bosses.

I can only think of three right now, and these hold a special place in my heart. *eye twitching.*

1. The birds in Ninja Gaiden
These things are so friggin' annoying. Fast (depending on how much momentum they gain flying towards you) and hard to hit (well, timing is key with these buggers) they pop up out of nowhere and from anywhere on the screen and fly right at you. Should they hit, they deal 2 points of damage.

They're also really bad when you're jumping from platform to platform, trying not to fall into bottomless pits. Because they can easly charge you and knock your right in.

In Ninja Gaiden II, they didn't do as much damage, but were still annoying ans appeared a lot more around bottomless pits. Then you had the ones with bat wings (some kinds of demons?) where they DID do the same amount of damage as the birds from tbe first game did. Thankfully they did not appear as much as the birds did.

2. Shadow Devil from Megaman X5
This. Freaking. Guy.
Most annoying Megaman boss ever, next to the Rangda Bangda remake from the same game. Shadow Devil had random attack patterns when he splits, especially towards the end of the fight, and is hard to dodge. He takes quite a bit of damage too.

3. The mutant snakes from Bio-Menace

Holy cow, these guys were annoying!! Appearing frequently, they constantly spat venom at you as they approached, and if they were on a platform above you they would keep spitting at you once you were within range. I hated these mutants soooo much...

More to come probaly...
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Skypests... :p
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

The one little shooter in Duke Nukum 1 ep 3 level 3. Stuck on a 2 tile wide platform and shooting whenever it turned it spat out a constant hail of shots in either direction.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Pokota
Vortininja

Post by Pokota »

The big red foot things from Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, those berserk Floating Rectangles from Pickle Wars, and plips.
There was something here, but my yorp ate it.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Generally, in rare cases there were enemies that you cannot kill because they are lower than your fire. But they're in those old dos/nes games.

The ghosts in Giana Twisted Dreams. And the first two bosses are really annoying and boring. Plus, if you don't succeed and want to try later, you have to play the whole levels again...
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Drones and that brain-sucking slimy things in Duke3D?
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Asparagusto. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE this guy.
Also the slimes from DN3D (again), they're tiny, hard to see, deadly and scary as all hell.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Coming to think of, I don't like those headcrabs and barnacles in half-life...
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

i hate the flaming skulls from Doom. Then in Doom2 they just *had* to have an enemy that constantly spits them out >:
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I append my entry to include the flaming skulls from Dave 2, pesky things.

Also the bee swarms in Jill of the Jungle. :\Nicholas Cage
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Those little disembodied hands in Blood are pretty irritating. Scary, too.

And I HATE that Queen of Spades in Hearts.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

Levellass wrote:I append my entry to include the flaming skulls from Dave 2, pesky things.
heh... what?
are you mocking me good sir?
Plasma Captain
Vorticon Elite

Post by Plasma Captain »

I wholeheartedly concur on the Ninja Gaiden birds.

Aside from those, the only thing that comes to mind at the moment is the Blue Wizzrobe from the original Legend of Zelda. They run around all over the place, passing over pits and whatnot, all while shooting beams at you on sight. And they come in droves. Good grief!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Bernie wrote:
Levellass wrote:I append my entry to include the flaming skulls from Dave 2, pesky things.
heh... what?
are you mocking me good sir?
In the later levels of Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion there are flaming skulls, confirmed to be the direct predecessors of those in Doom. They are indestructible and keep chasing you throughout the level.
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Bernie wrote:i hate the flaming skulls from Doom. Then in Doom2 they just *had* to have an enemy that constantly spits them out >:
Yes, that is one of the most annoying enemies of all time.