Is sonic better than keen?

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

MoffD wrote: True,
I was thinking more of constant continuing without changing much.

Ah ok. Well, even though "changing much" is a relative term, I could argue that your reasoning discounts Sonic altogether. Sonic Adventure signified a big change between the 2D Genesis games. And Sonic Unleashed made a large jump in the gameplay design upon the Adventure format.

Also, by that same reasoning, series like Mario and Zelda are expected to suck, because in the overall scheme of things, they've changed little in the fundamental gameplay mechanics over the years. I think one of Sonic's problems is that they insist on changing things up. And that's why I think Generations was so successful, they took the best and cut the fat.
Levellass wrote:So you mean, like that time Batman used that piece of kryptonite had had because he has backup plans to kill every single one of the Justice League members in case hey go evil? Supes was rather annoyed as I recall to find out about that.
I thought Batman only wanted to disable them, not kill? (kind of not Batman's thing), while the villains took his plans to more extreme measures. I admit I didn't read the original comic series Tower of Babel, but I did see the movie Justice League: Doom that was based off the comic.

But actually, I was referring to Batman fighting Superman head-on-- he wouldn't, instead he'd have to use his brain as you illustrated. Just like how Keen wouldn't fight the nearly invincible Super Sonic. Hence, watching them fight wouldn't be as interesting.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Lava89 wrote:
MoffD wrote: True,
I was thinking more of constant continuing without changing much.

Ah ok. Well, even though "changing much" is a relative term, I could argue that your reasoning discounts Sonic altogether. Sonic Adventure signified a big change between the 2D Genesis games. And Sonic Unleashed made a large jump in the gameplay design upon the Adventure format.

Also, by that same reasoning, series like Mario and Zelda are expected to suck, because in the overall scheme of things, they've changed little in the fundamental gameplay mechanics over the years. I think one of Sonic's problems is that they insist on changing things up. And that's why I think Generations was so successful, they took the best and cut the fat.
I think they do a fairly good job with continuing Zelda, most of the gameplay stays the same, but the storyline and some engine mechanics get changed.

Some may find this repetitive, but if you really get tired of it, maybe it's time to stop playing the same series :P

Also, it's interesting how much Final Fantasy has changed
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Re: Is sonic better than keen?

Post by Keening_Product »

Cobalt wrote:Yeah it s.
Get out. :redeyes
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I bought toxic bunny hd, hoping I'll get something at least half as close as Jazz Jackrabbit, and I can confirm: the graphics are nice, but everything else is crap. Even in the HD remake. There's not a single thing that can grab me in that game. Don't waste money on it even though it looks cool on the screenshots... And don't even bother or even think about buying or want to know anything about the original! I :x you levellass...

Meh, I feel even more demotivated on working on my project now. @:How do you motivate yourself?
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Lava89 wrote:Seeing Keen fight Super Sonic would be like watching Batman and Superman fight. So I'd be more interested in watching Keen and Sonic work together.
Keen X Sonic X Batman X Superman :begging

Seriously, Batman and Superman fight all the time, and isn't the new Justice League fighting game based entirely on that premise?
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

RoboBlue wrote:Seriously, Batman and Superman fight all the time, and isn't the new Justice League fighting game based entirely on that premise?
Well, I was speaking more in general (but thanks for nit picking my example, haha). Batman is just a human at physical peak and Superman is a nearly immortal Kryptonian (at least in a pre-52 reboot world). So I can't imagine Batman fighting Superman physically head-on, without something to aid him (gadget, other heroes or kryptonite). So my point is that Keen wouldn't fight Sonic in a head on, physical struggle, either... especially if Sonic was in his super form. He'd try to outsmart Sonic or defeat him in a not so direct form (drain emerald energy, wait for Sonic to run out of ring energy, etc).

And about that game, Injustice, I've heard that the developers made Superman and Batman fight more on an even playing field (a game where Harley Quinn can fight the Green Lantern and you can ram people with the Batmobile). Not to mention the 52 reboot, which I heard is trying to make Superman not as strong. Superman's lack of weakness has been an issue with comic writers for years, which is why I think its easier to make games for Batman. In fact, in the game Superman Returns, since Superman is invincible, it instead gives the city a health bar.
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

Batman can beat Superman, you know, just putting that out there.

He's got Kryptonite. Enough that he actually made Kryptonite gauntlets and proceeded to pummel Superman, then told him to get out of his cave.

So saying that watching Keen fight Super Sonic is like watching Batman fight Superman, that still can go either way; Keen could easily construct something that could take away Sonic's powers. (if Robotnik could do it, Keen would be way ahead on it.)

Just a thought though. Not really going with any Sonic vs. Keen stuff, just saying Keen wouldn't be outclassed by Super Sonic.

Gosh, I dunno why but thinking about that kinda stuff is fun for some reason. When I was against it at first. O_o

Just makes me want to see the theory put to the test.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Of course it's rare that we see Keen design the kinds of machines and such that Robotnik tries to use to kill Sonic. Perhaps Keen could go the McMire route, always staying one step ahead of Sonic, luring him into traps, and ultimately crushing him indirectly, from afar, using whatever high-tech gadgetry he can assemble.

Or better yet, Keen can just lure him into Sonic '06 which is so broken it's sure to kill him.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Boreas249 wrote:Batman can beat Superman, you know, just putting that out there.
I thought I clarified that was I referring to a physical match between Batman and Superman? :confused

Please refer to my previous post. :P
Boreas249 wrote: He's got Kryptonite. Enough that he actually made Kryptonite gauntlets and proceeded to pummel Superman, then told him to get out of his cave.

So saying that watching Keen fight Super Sonic is like watching Batman fight Superman, that still can go either way; Keen could easily construct something that could take away Sonic's powers. (if Robotnik could do it, Keen would be way ahead on it.)
And again, I already mentioned everything said in this quote. :dopekeen
StupidBunny wrote:Or better yet, Keen can just lure him into Sonic '06 which is so broken it's sure to kill him.
lol! nice, haha
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

lol totally missed that post, sorry. But I love bringing that up for some reason, that Batman has beaten Superman... rather, mainly because a lot of people think Superman is purely indestructible.

That and Batman is awesome. Though people give him too much credit as well.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

wiivn wrote:I bought toxic bunny hd, hoping I'll get something at least half as close as Jazz Jackrabbit, and I can confirm: the graphics are nice, but everything else is crap. Even in the HD remake. There's not a single thing that can grab me in that game. Don't waste money on it even though it looks cool on the screenshots... And don't even bother or even think about buying or want to know anything about the original! I :x you levellass...

Meh, I feel even more demotivated on working on my project now. @:How do you motivate yourself?
I said I SAID it was a terrible, no-good ripoff game! It's a ripoff OF a ripoff! Did you at LEAST look up some gameplay videos first? You can SEE the terrible quality! You should have got the battery Check demo instead.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Boreas249 wrote:lol totally missed that post, sorry.
Oh, not a problem. I apologize for coming off too strong.
Boreas249 wrote:But I love bringing that up for some reason, that Batman has beaten Superman... rather, mainly because a lot of people think Superman is purely indestructible.

Well, its kind of cool in a way. It says that mental prowess can defeat pure physical strength. That's actually a big reason why I like the character of Batman so much. He has to out-think his most dangerous enemies.
Boreas249 wrote:That and Batman is awesome. Though people give him too much credit as well.
Yeah, while I don't speak for you, I think a big reason of that, is because most people my age either grew up with the first few Batman movies and \ or the animated series. While WB prodcued very little in comparison for Superman when I was a kid in the 90's...that's why I think the fandom for Batman has eclipsed Superman over the years.