Does anyone here play Zelda?

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Pokota
Vortininja

Post by Pokota »

Mmmh... If you want wide open sandbox, try Zelda 1.
If you want a game with a discernable plot while still fairly sandboxy, Link To The Past.
If you want to see what all the fuss is about, Ocarina of Time (or basically every game thereafter, but Ocarina is where they took the formula and ran with it for the first time)

If you feel like bashing your head against a brick wall for hours at a time, Zelda 2.
There was something here, but my yorp ate it.
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

I haven't played the first 3 all the way through. But I did like Link's Awakening DX (the color one?) and Minish Cap.
Pokota
Vortininja

Post by Pokota »

Awakening is weird. It's great, but it's weird.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Play Zelda?

Just kidding, although I do like windwaker and ocarina of time
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

I think I need to play Majora's Mask...
http://youtu.be/7S1SVkysIRw
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

What's Zelda?
I've played Tingle...
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

I was trying hard to forget about that meme, thanks a lot for reminding me :stoned
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

Tingle is just plane creepy.
http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php? ... mic=110413

But that's not as bad as this abomination.
http://zeldawiki.org/File:Link_Statue.png
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

wolfcub7
Vortininja

Post by wolfcub7 »

guynietoren wrote:...But that's not as bad as this abomination.
http://zeldawiki.org/File:Link_Statue.png
Eww. Reminds me of zombie-Gage Creed from the 1989 Pet Sematary movie. There's something about those facial features and that expression.
(Baby Miko Hughes was actually a total cutie. That elf or whatever just has everything that was creepy about his performance then.)
Spatula
Vortininja

Post by Spatula »

mortimermcmirestinks wrote:My favourite?

It is absolutely illegal for any civilised person to respond to that question with anything other than a hearty "Ocarina of Time, of course!"
Majora's Mask :mort
Pokota
Vortininja

Post by Pokota »

Spatula wrote:
mortimermcmirestinks wrote:My favourite?

It is absolutely illegal for any civilised person to respond to that question with anything other than a hearty "Ocarina of Time, of course!"
Majora's Mask :mort
That sure is a funny way of spelling Oracle of Ages ;)
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

I beat Link Between Worlds a few months back, playing on Hero Mode. (Hero Mode is pointless. Attack power from all enemies is quadrupled, so it's just a matter of dodging.) The puzzles were okay, but once you get used to the wall-merging trick, the whole game's a piece of cake. There were some things I disliked about the game, but there was plenty to make up for it.

I dislike that the Thieves Forest is so small. Even Death Mountain feels small. So few bosses were actually fun and clever. Most of them were just rehashes. In the original game, Princess Zelda is one of the seven sages. But in Link Between Worlds, she's just some princess. I hate that. Why isn't she a sage anymore? Oh well. And instead of filling the game with more characters, they made all the side-characters from the first game into the sages of the second game. So the witch, flute boy, Zora queen are shoehorned in as sages in order to give their characters more importance. Rubbish.

It was nice that you never run out of arrows or bombs, but the stamina meter is a royal pain. The best thing about Link is his accessories. The limit put on his accessories by that tiny stamina meter is ridiculous. I'd be fine with it if the meter got third or fourth upgrade. But no. It only gets one. (Unless I missed it.)

Overall, I think too much focus was on the wall-merging thing. They overused and exhausted it to the point where other elements to the gameplay suffered. Dungeons were too short. It was far too easy to get rich quick. It's a kid's game..
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

Lol... Yes I was working on this game trying to buy up all the weapons. Then found if I beat the tournament thing at the top of the map in the dark world I earned so much money that it became pointless. The tornado wand or whatever it's called was underused. So much that the parts that used it I couldn't figure out without looking it up online, such as using it to move floor tiles and uncover collectibles.

Majora's Mask is an interesting one. But can turn people off to it because of how confusing it is. Just doesn't your next step as obvious as most Zelda games. But looking back it's one of the more creative/innovative ones.