Converting AdLib tunes

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Anyone have some nice soundfont I can use? Most ones I install are garg.
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

The 15th Red Rock Shrine wrote:You hear in your soundfont:
GAAARRRRRGG!
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Batteryman
Vortininja

Post by Batteryman »

MoffD wrote:Anyone have some nice soundfont I can use? Most ones I install are garg.
I cant say any good one, beacuse for me it all comes down to how you tune and mix the midi file. Forexample my monster bash midi music i posted as mp3 with the source midi files, is using the windows default soundfont, but a much more powerfull midi driver like Coolsoft VirtualMidi, or BASSMIDI.
Batteryman
Vortininja

Stunts 4D

Post by Batteryman »

Here is the music from Stunts 4D ripped and Converted with Source files

https://goo.gl/qQHBAB
Batteryman
Vortininja

UPDATE LINK : RELEASING MONSTER BASH MUSIC

Post by Batteryman »

I'm posting a link so you can all download Monster Bash Midi music as MP3 files include the source files.

UPDATE ! LINK : https://goo.gl/3A5Ooy
Batteryman
Vortininja

MONSTER BASH MUSIC UPDATE FIX

Post by Batteryman »

Some tracks is missing CC91 and CC93 parameter require for correct instrument track settings.

Download updated MIDI + SOUNFONT + MP3
https://goo.gl/fv37CN
Batteryman
Vortininja

Whats next?

Post by Batteryman »

Does anyone have a request for convertion or Rip?
spikey
Vortininja

Post by spikey »

Ultimate Doomer, thanks so much for the Duke 2 GM files! Did you post this anywhere else? I'm always interested in Apogee GM stuff.

Batteryman, good to see you working on this again. I'm not so interested in recordings of soundfonts, but any MIDI translations you do (in MIDI format) are very welcome indeed!!!

The GS files seem very good. The pitch bend seems a bit off sometimes though. For example, Madnbash main synth lead. But that is nitpicky, you have done amazing here!!!! :D
Really proud with the FX like in Haunted. The MIDI conversion from DRO2MIDI is a mess, really good work. The weird FX are about 1/4 of MB's score, so deleting it entirely from a MIDI conversion makes it redundant. Great job once again.
Batteryman
Vortininja

Post by Batteryman »

spikey wrote:Ultimate Doomer, thanks so much for the Duke 2 GM files! Did you post this anywhere else? I'm always interested in Apogee GM stuff.

Batteryman, good to see you working on this again. I'm not so interested in recordings of soundfonts, but any MIDI translations you do (in MIDI format) are very welcome indeed!!!

The GS files seem very good. The pitch bend seems a bit off sometimes though. For example, Madnbash main synth lead. But that is nitpicky, you have done amazing here!!!! :D
Really proud with the FX like in Haunted. The MIDI conversion from DRO2MIDI is a mess, really good work. The weird FX are about 1/4 of MB's score, so deleting it entirely from a MIDI conversion makes it redundant. Great job once again.
You meaning, deleting the wierd FX , kills the charm?.. And yeah, DRO2MIDI was only used in a few instances, mostly i used Awave studio, and FL studio to rearrange the song.
spikey
Vortininja

Post by spikey »

You meaning, deleting the wierd FX , kills the charm?..
Pretty much. I think it's part of the soundtrack and really important. :) It's different from usual game music, which is piano and drum based. Even the guitar/leads are a little non-traditional.
Batteryman
Vortininja

Converting AdLib tunes : AdLib Jukebox

Post by Batteryman »

This would be a resurrection from the grave, but how the time fly..
I'v been poking around the idea of making the tunes from Jukebox , "the nice record player from the AdLib install disk"
converting the tunes to general midi, it is a adlib 2 midi challenge after all.

i was hesitating posting anything before i actually did any progress, and since all the tunes from jukebox is now at the midi stage,
and with a reference soundfont for each track, its time to make those reference tracks to an actual midi specification.

My initial plan was to convert them to the General Midi Spec 1 , but i tough , hey way not trying something different.
And therefore i choice to tailor the tracks for Soundblaster Live and Audigy family.
Those soundblaster cards seems to have something rather interesting going on, so i made myself the challenge to how good can i make them sound , but by using the Creative default soundfont "CT2MGM.SF2", so it would be actually compatible and not require any custom soundfont.

But i need to do some deeper research on SB Live's midi capabilities, and so far i found enough to work with but it would be interesting to find out more.

So if anyone have any input, i would be gladly to hear it.
Batteryman
Vortininja

Re: Converting AdLib tunes : AdLib Jukebox

Post by Batteryman »

I'v got 4 tunes as the first draft.
I got them in mp3 and the midi files are included.

This 4 versions are using my Soundblaster Rx with its stock soundfont CT2MGM.SF2
and stock GS midi settings + the 4th fx Default flanger is enabled

https://goo.gl/SkkUJV
Batteryman
Vortininja

Re: Converting AdLib tunes

Post by Batteryman »

So this is my latest update on the project involving making SoundBlaster Live rendition of the tunes from AdLibs Jukebox program.
It's still need more work, but here you can download Midis, MP3 files of the midi's played on my soundblaster and the adlib versions.

https://goo.gl/YCfU6e