Save Jill

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
JM2008
Vortininja

Save Jill

Post by JM2008 »

Been using Gamesmaker at College and I downloaded a version at home so I've thought I'll start up a topic called 'Save Jill' which will feature some tiles and music from the Jill Series produced by Epic Megagames. I will also try and a sprite of Jill stood still. It'll be a nice little game especially for those who played the Jill series.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I only played the first episode (though I really do want to play the last two someday :) ). It's pretty fun even though the storyline is a bit vague... or non-existent :crazy . Just curious, why is this in Other Keen Games? Wouldn't this be more fitting in The Classics?
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Post by Toomuchsparetime »

Sounds awesome. I'm a huge Jill fan! I can't wait!
LJH
Vortininja

Post by LJH »

Viking - The whole series has been released as freeware I think, and even if not, it's easy either way to find a download.
time goes by 時の流れは二人を変えて行くけれど
失くしたものも夢見るものもその手を取って思い出すよ
いつも君の側で...
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Oh, yeah, I found all three Jill downloads earlier this week (whether or not it's legal is a bit ambiguous) :dopekeen I haven't played them yet cause right now I'm busy with the Cosmo trilogy Image

4 Day Later EDIT: I've beaten both Cosmo and Jill, and while not as satisfying as Keen was to me (probably due to the weaker storylines) they were definately worth my time :dopekeen

I google'd Jill and I found an extremely dedicated Jill fan. The music and images on that page are awesome :) and she happens to be a girl, too. It might not mean much these days, but back then Jill and Samus were pretty much the only female video game heroes (before POCKY that is =D Oh and Lara Croft too I guess), both of which were relatively unknown. It must have really meant something to her.
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

wasn't jill the game that downtrod keen? :)
JM2008
Vortininja

Post by JM2008 »

Lol this game is going to have Commander Keen as the player and he is to save Jill. It'll take a few weeks before I start work on it.
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

now that would be kewl, i'll have to download a jill game now and see what it'll be like, good luck and all
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Gee, I thought Keen wouldn't have the time to save Jill because he gave up his video game career and is too busy playing with his slide rule :dopefish
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

plus if he was eight in '91 he'd be about 25 now
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

i have finished the 1st 2 jill games. i did email epic about 4 to 5 years ago & they have clearly stated that jill of the jungle is not freeware despite neil mcrae saying so. i did ask him to remove the non-freeware from his site but nothing happened
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

yeah im still a bit weirded that it's technically illegal to download the full version of keen 6 (and 5 i think) even tho they don't sell em anywhere anymore...i downloaded them off the net anyway