I need some help with Monster Bash

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
reble
Meep

I need some help with Monster Bash

Post by reble »

There is 1 spot in a level (I don't know what level it is) in MB2. Please look at this post https://www.keenmodding.org/viewtopic.p ... 377#p22377 There is no way to get at the 3 white beakers and the red heart without editing the level. I have some experience at editing MS DOS games of this type. I also have Abiathar V2.8 that I used on Bio Menace that worked very well after Fleexy gave me a step by step instructions. I also have edited the original Duke Nukem, Duke Nukem II and Duke Nukem 3D. But I have never used Camoto before.

Steve
Nisaba
Janitress

Re: I need some help with Monster Bash

Post by Nisaba »

out now (link) : Image
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

From what I see in my level viewer for Monster Bash, you should be able to reach the area by dropping down between the two big blue spikes and then crawling over to the goodies (that's a fake wall). If you do it right, you should be able to get in there without losing any health. You should also be able to just jump up where the heart is to get out of that area.

BTW: This is level file "lev9" if you still want to try modding it with Camoto.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
reble
Meep

Post by reble »

Thanks for the info K1n9_Duk3. I didn't know about the fake wall. Just for the learning experience how do I decompress the levels using Camoto? I have never used Camoto. I generally know how level editors work but each level editor has it's own quirks. Each time I tackle a project like this. It expands my knowledge. Book learning I am bad at. Step by step hands on, getting my hands dirty, learning I do best at.

Steve
K1n9_Duk3 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 20:18 From what I see in my level viewer for Monster Bash, you should be able to reach the area by dropping down between the two big blue spikes and then crawling over to the goodies (that's a fake wall). If you do it right, you should be able to get in there without losing any health. You should also be able to just jump up where the heart is to get out of that area.

BTW: This is level file "lev9" if you still want to try modding it with Camoto.
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

I haven't actually used Camoto to mod anything, so I can't help you any further, sorry.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

out now (link) : Image
spikey
Vortininja

Post by spikey »

If I recall correctly, the way to access this is to use blocks that fall down earlier in the level and push (shoot?) them to the right, 'mopping up' the stalagmites. You stop before the gap before the last one, and then crawl to the right of the block and under the last one and in.

Now, in E2L8 I'm fairly sure you can't get the beakers near the ceiling in the far right!
Picture coming, after I get my FTP accessible again :P
spikey
Vortininja

Post by spikey »

Finally, here's that pic: