quake 2

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Niborius
Grunt

Post by Niborius »

Doesn't Quake 2 has the Half-Life engine? if so, i will really play it. (i'm an Half-Life fan :p )
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Nope. The Half-Life engine is based on the Quake 1 engine. Just like the Quake 2 engine. So Quake 2 and Half-Life don't really use the same engine.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
jimmyjames
Vortininja

Post by jimmyjames »

Man I just can't seem to find a *completely legal* copy of Quake 1 anywhere. :pirate

I have searched long and hard but to no avail.
Forget it.
Sciz CT
Council Janitor

Post by Sciz CT »

There's always Steam.
Ravey
Grunt

Post by Ravey »

Maybe the games will appear on GoG.com at some point too. :dead2

Did anyone play Shamblers Castle for Doom 3? It's a short game inspired by Quake 1. I adored this mod!

Quake 2 was pretty fun, it came out too late though...or atleast in my perception, there were more impressive games out at the time. I thought Duke3D and Goldeneye were better games because they shared the same enthusiasm for game design and fun. When I think of Quake 2 now, I just remember that freakin' window at the beginning that turns into rocks when you shoot it! They went out of their way to make everything 3D, when the game would've benefitted from using sprites.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Ravey wrote:I thought Duke3D and Goldeneye were better games because they shared the same enthusiasm for game design and fun. When I think of Quake 2 now, I just remember that freakin' window at the beginning that turns into rocks when you shoot it! They went out of their way to make everything 3D, when the game would've benefitted from using sprites.
Amen. Although Quake 2 was fun and had a unique and enjoyable atmosphere, Duke3D and Goldeneye were just simply more fun. And then there was the Duke3D version of Complex which was just an orgie of both-world bestness.