Star Goose

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Star Goose

Post by Commander Spleen »

Anyone else played it? For me it's another of those games that brings me straight back to the days of my first 386. Especially the intro tune...

The engine is very nifty too, for a game written for DOS in 1988. The terrain has varying heights and angles, and there are tunnels that require crafty surfish maneuvers in order to acquire powerups.

I was never very good at it, but I shall complete it someday...
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Yeees, I liked that one very much. I still got it running in my dosbox folder, but it usually runs way too fast, so I have to slow down the system.
It is actually very hard I think, but most of those shooting games were, or got very hard at some point, and since you couldn't save, I never made it through the whole game.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

For a change I know the game you are talking about. :) Didn't play it myself, at least not more than a quick try, but I watched my cousin(s) playing it. Agree, the engine seemed cool.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Post by Toomuchsparetime »

Oh wow, I'm surprised anyone remembers this obscure game. Or was it that obscure? I got it from a friend in the mid 90's who had a bunch of really old DOS games on his 386... including "Captain Comic" and "Gods".
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Toomuchsparetime wrote:I got it from a friend in the mid 90's who had a bunch of really old DOS games on his 386... including "Captain Comic" and "Gods".
Captain Comic was fun. I just recently beat it for the first time (there's SO many bad guys in this game...) As well as the second one.
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Post by Toomuchsparetime »

I beat it once. If you can get past the halfway point, suddenly everything is a lot easier because you have so much firepower (and teleportation!).
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Is this where the creators of StarFox stole their ideas from?
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Captain Comic was fun. I just recently beat it for the first time (there's SO many bad guys in this game...) As well as the second one.
AUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH! >:

I hate you shy birds! I hate you so very much! I had to beat it by spending 25 minutes in a 'safe spot' at the start and getting lots of points and exploiting a bug in the game to shoot two blasts at once.

As for star goose, I did once play some game involving launching a chicken into space, it had something to do with Space Quest, though I forget the details.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.