Portal: Is the cake a lie?

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Too many classy. :mortlol

Ah, those droids are excessively cute... :love
KeenRush wrote:Everyone speaks like its humour and stuff is something never seen before.
I speak as if it's extremely good humour, combined into one short and sweet gaming experience. I make no implication that it's like has not been seen before.

I'm most impressed that it's finally a novel use of an FPS engine. The old 'this has better graphics and new guns' thing has grown old for me.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Anti-Gary wrote:THE WEIGHTED COMPANION CUBE CAN SPEAK!!!
It also ate all of the cake.

...No wait, I incinerated it before it could do that. Noooooo! :(
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Sciz CT
Council Janitor

Post by Sciz CT »

KeenRush wrote::rolleyes Take it easy! :crazy Everyone speaks like its humour and stuff is something never seen before. Is it really so that it's the first in the FPS genre to use (intentional) humour?
It isn't the first funny first person game by any means, but it is the first one I'm aware of to have such a dark sense of humor, and the first to integrate the comedy into the gameplay so extensively.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

I think games like Serious Sam and Duke Nukem have as much (dark) humour.
Aaaah, not the bees!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Haha, I can't believe it! I entirely forgot Duke Nukem exists! Yeah, there's one example of FPS with humour.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

HOLY CRAP! THIS GAME IS AMAZING!

Inspired by all the talk about it on the PCKF, I got this game today, and it is fucling incredible. If you haven't played it, there really isn't any way to explain what it's like. Amazing warped physics. Zany humor.

I just finished the level where you have to euthanize (spelling???) your faithful weighted companion cube. :lol While the incineration is very painful, 8 out of 10 technicians agree that companion cubes are incapable of feeling much pain. And those droids "There you are! Goodbye! Malfunction! No hard feelings. I don't blame you."

Now would be a good time to give up. There will be cake.

[Edit] Just finished level 18, only one more to go! (and yes I know that once you finish the "last" level the game is not done) But it's 4am, time to go to sleep. :slug
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

SLEEP?! I finished the game at 2 am because I wanted to know how it ended! Believe me, the end is really worth it. :lol
Wow look at me I'm lurking
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

KeenRush wrote:Haha, I can't believe it! I entirely forgot Duke Nukem exists! Yeah, there's one example of FPS with humour.
Off Topic: I liked Duke Nukem 2. It's a shame I can't find the disc that has the full version on it, I'd like to play it again.
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

elecdude33 you have a pm
Niborius
Grunt

Post by Niborius »

Go to www.aperturescience.com, type 'login' than 'cjohnson' than 'Tier3' and finally 'thecakeisalie'.
There's interesting information here about the story and more.
But it contains spoilers through.
LJH
Vortininja

Post by LJH »

It's an FPP (First Person Puzzle), not an FPS. :P

And yeah. It's probably the only new game in ages that I've actually liked playing... only one since Final Fantasy X-2 anyway. (apart from the Ace Attorney series :P)
time goes by 時の流れは二人を変えて行くけれど
失くしたものも夢見るものもその手を取って思い出すよ
いつも君の側で...
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

Djaser wrote:I think games like Serious Sam and Duke Nukem have as much (dark) humour.
look at blood now if that isn't dark humor then nothing is
(i used to be ME!)
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Niborius wrote:Go to www.aperturescience.com, type 'login' than 'cjohnson' than 'Tier3' and finally 'thecakeisalie'.
There's interesting information here about the story and more.
But it contains spoilers through.
And also a diagram of Santa falling into a lit fireplace. Although, the Weighted Companion Cube is wearing a Santa hat...
It all comes together now. Not only is the Weighted Companion Cube secretly fireproof, but the Weighted Companion Cube is Santa. (Himself.) Aperture Science is a front for all of his elves. He lets them eat cake and make toys all year round.