I just watched the Super Mario Bros. movie on youtube

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

I just watched the Super Mario Bros. movie on youtube

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

It's a piece of crap just like everyone says it is :p
So what else is new?

Stone or Football? The debate continues =)
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

...it's a football!
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

_mr_m_ wrote:...it's a football!
It's a stone, Luigi. You didn't make it.

I remember seeing that movie years ago. I'm sorry you had to also. :dead
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Rabbit#Advertising
Colgate has a toothpaste and toothbrush mascot for children's entertainment, "Doctor Rabbit", which has also been used in two tapes that teach about dental health and advertise Colgate toothpaste[citation needed] Remixed versions of these tapes have appeared on the Internet and they are often re-edited for comedic effect.
lmao

Back on topic, I found it slightly interesting that they used princess daisy and she acted as Luigi's love interest (instead of princess toadstool you know). My parents actually gave me the chance to watch this movie in the theatres when I was seven. Somehow I knew just by seeing it wasn't a cartoon that it wasn't the mario i knew and loved, and i declined. If seven year olds can tell this movie is crap just by seeing the trailers, thats really something :stoned
StupidBunny wrote:I remember seeing that movie years ago. I'm sorry you had to also. :dead
I didn't "have" to. I chose to watch it on youtube just to see if :barf it was really as bad :barf as everyone says. :barf And it is :barf :barf
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

I saw the movie on T.V. a REALLY long time ago. I didn't watch the whole thing. It was absolutely terrible.

Mario makes no sense to begin with. The live action movie? Even less so.
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

I'm sorta fine with Mario being live-action -- but making Bowser a human, and the goombas dinosaurs... WHAT?
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Haha, I actually quite enjoyed the movie. Sure it was completely retarded as a video game movie (though not nearly as horrendous as Doom), but its surreal nature really intrigued me. In fact, I believe I shall spend some of my bandwidth this month downloading it.
q 90
Vortininja

Post by q 90 »

Word up on the surreal nature part! I loved that movie as a kid. I wrote feverishly into Nintendo Power defending it, but never got a response.
Member since 2003, with breaks of varying longevity interspersed.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I loved this movie as a kid, almost entirely because it had a dinosaur at the end of it. (And living fungus!) Plus, I only saw it twice. I forget how young I was, but suffice to say, the movie aimed for that age group. (I hope.)

I do however have some tips for anyone making a video game movie, even (God help us.) Commander Keen:

1.) Make the movie like the game. Nobody wants to see their favorite game totally rehashed and twiddled around, the sole reason they are seeing the movie is because it is LIKE THE GAME. If it has an evil turtle guy in it, make him an evil turtle guy, heck, make it a cartoon movie if you have to!

2.) There is no need to involve the real world. If the game (Unlike Keen) has no connection with our reality, don't make alternate universes or a convoluted storyline to make one, just have the darn movie in the darn video game universe, that's all we ask.

3.) No sequels, ever. And don't end on a cliffhanger.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Amen. :disguised
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

In the similar vein of watching crappy movies on Youtube...I watched the first 50 minutes or so of Battlefield Earth the other day, just to see if it's as bad as people keep saying...

Oh dear God it's terrible :barf
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I take heart in knowing that long after thinly veiled psychologists take over the earth and make slaves of us all, our canned food and buildings will still be standing (And edible!) I never thought modern society had it in it.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.