Lost souls in Dangerous Dave 2?

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Lost souls in Dangerous Dave 2?

Post by Levellass »

I have noticed while looking through the graphics and code of Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion (A.k.a Dave 2) that there is a flaming skull that chases after you (And annoyingly cannot be killed.) which incinerates you on touch. And I was thinking to myself that I'd seen this before, in the much scarier game Doom.

Now I haven't played Doom much at all (It still scares the hell out of me.) but I'm quite sure the annoying flaming skulls there are known as lost souls or something similar.

Since ID or an ID-ish company made both games, I was wondering if there is any connection?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Lol I've beaten both Doom and Dangerous Dave 2, and agree that the flaming skull is among the most annoying of enemies (for both games), but I never made the connection that they are related. Dangerous Dave is a haunted house game so you know ghosts, werewolves, and flying skulls make themselves at home.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Re: Lost souls in Dangerous Dave 2?

Post by Dynamo »

Levellass wrote:Now I haven't played Doom much at all (It still scares the hell out of me.)
Lol, enemies are made of pixels and sounds are taken from camels and similar creatures, I really don't consider Doom I/II scary games...

...Unless you're going to play the next version of EvilStar with the completed map20 with Ghouls (Galaxieretter knows what I'm talking about : P).
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Lost Souls seem to be quite annoying in every game that has those. Though looking completely different Diablo II features Lost Souls which are one of the most dangerous creatures.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

They're in Zelda games, too. :p