Monkey Island 1 & 2 white label

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.

Which is better?

Monkey Island 1
60%
Monkey Island 2
40%

Total votes: 10

ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Rorie wrote:the seller says that he will replace it with an english version i just have to send it back to him
If this is true, it sounds like the optimum solution. Good luck!
IMA3HDDMNKY
Vortininja

Re:

Post by IMA3HDDMNKY »

Monkey Island 1 FTW! Never really got into LeChuck's Revenge. Great memories playing the first one on the Amiga (endless disk swapping... ugh :p ).
Retodon8
Vortininja

Post by Retodon8 »

If you liked MI and think it's still playable now (some games hold up better than others, some people are more forgiving than others), I'd definitely suggest you also play through MI2.
I can't even decide which game I prefer, so although I'm just one person, that does say something.
(Later games are fun, but completely different from the original two, so I can't say the same for them.)
Retodon8
Sheep happens
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

ok with the french version that i sent back it never arrived back to the seller (waste of AU$90) will never spend that much on a vintage game again, australia post didn't give me a tracking number of reciept so royal mail would not give my money back. so i brought the game again for US$61 at least the english version came. i should have brought it from the u.s in the 1st place but i'm happy both game work & i've left the american dealer positive feedback
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

The lesson here (or at least one of them): Always use registered post for international shipping.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

australia post sent the french copy back to me cuz of incorrect address. i've contacted the seller about sending it back to him again for a refund incase he will not refund me. i've got a french 2nd hand cd of monkey island 1 & 2 fully working if anyone wants it make an offer & i'll consider it
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!