Let's play BioMenace!

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Just poking my head into the room to say that I bumped into those LP's of Commander Keen September/October 2008, and was instantly hooked. An entirely new form of entertainment. I have since then watch a LOT of raocow's other videos. I was even driven to make this, though the later creation of raocow.com caused me to stop updating it.

Anyway, consider these the ramblings of someone who hasn't been on this forum and like forever and found one post on the first page of a three page topic that he wanted to reply to.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I'm afraid I have some bad news for you guys. My computer's been crapping out lately, and I'm afraid it's about ready to bite the dust. It could be an invisible virus that my sweeper cannot detect, or the cheap hardware could be deteriorating. It's been freezing frequently which required hard shut downs, and it kinda stopped up before booting which could be ammended with f8. Tried a system restore and that did nothing. It's getting worse. Alot of things have gone missing, including all my system restore points! :o And I can't get on the internets anymore. I'm posting this from one of the labs at school. I've backed up all my important stuff, and I'm gonna backup all the biomenace vids I made pretty soon. I have no idea when I'll ever get back to playing biomenace. I'll try to see if I can get a diagnosis for it and see if it's salvagable, it could be a while before I get up and running with something again. I'll still be posting here though as I go to labs a lot.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
IMA3HDDMNKY
Vortininja

Post by IMA3HDDMNKY »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Alot of things have gone missing, including all my system restore points! :o
Sounds like hard drive failure. Happened to me once (files on my pc randomly disappearing).
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

EPIC UPDATE!

I started playing episode 3! Check out the first page of this thread for parts 34-36. I intend to have this game finished by tuesday :)

but man is it hard!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

More vids a cometh.

IT IS NOW COMPLETE!

52 videos of relentless bio menace gameplay. The ending reminded me of the Commander Keen vorticons trilogy for a particular reason, but I'll save that spoiler for when everyone's seen it :)
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Took you long enough to post them here! :p
VikingBoyBilly wrote:The ending reminded me of the Commander Keen vorticons trilogy for a particular reason, but I'll save that spoiler for when everyone's seen it :)
DUMBLEDORE DIES!
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Hi,I love Bio Menace,too.
But what about Bio Menace 4,5 or 6? Like in Keen. :D
Yeah, piece of cake!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

szemi wrote:Hi,I love Bio Menace,too.
But what about Bio Menace 4,5 or 6? Like in Keen. :D
What? Are you saying there's a sequel? Where??!!??
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

I mean: why doesn't exist BM 4,5 and 6?
Yeah, piece of cake!
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Because they were never made, duh :rolleyes Some stories are better not to continue forever, like Keen's.
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Keen 1 was revolutionary, graphics-wise and a very decent game for the time. Keen 4 was standard for its time, but still pretty hot stuff. Biomenace was developed from Keen, and by the time of its release was looking dated. It still sold rather well. However it never developed the momentum of Keen (And even Keen's momentum stopped short of TUIT or a life saving transition to 3D gaming.) so there never was a sequel.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

Did you REALLY mention Zoombinis in Part 32?
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

Eff yeah, Zoombinis.
Shonikado wrote:Looking back on what we've done and wanting to change it is the first step in becoming a weakling that cannot do anything.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Turns out there was something I missed that's pretty important and uploaded a new vid. Part 53 is the absolute, very last episode in this LP for all time, I assure you :disguised