Let's play BioMenace!

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
IMA3HDDMNKY
Vortininja

Post by IMA3HDDMNKY »

I like your videos! Keep it up. Eventually you'll beat it.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Played a little more today.
This time we're given a special treat with the guest appearance of a certain iconic character: COMMANDER KEEN! :D
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

I'm sorry, but i laughed when the key spawned too high. Moments like that are just too funny :lol

Also, it was really cool hearing you talk about Keen 9, thanks for the shout out :) It's very different hearing someone talk about it, rather than reading responses.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Episode 2 complete :)
Should start on episode 3 within the week.

I didn't understand why the level was called killer pillars, but now I realize they are caterPILLARS. Haw haw =p
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Topic deviation (!!): Seriously, the Ed, Edd, n Eddy movie actually had Eddy's brother in it?? I had a feeling it would, after reading the description of it, but I wasn't sure if they'd actually do it.
The only change I remember them ever making to the show was adding the school setting.
I'm gonna have to watch it, despite having grown out of it like 8 years ago...
I did catch a glimpse of the show the other day (a regular episode, not the movie), though, and I'm surprised. They really haven't changed the show in all those years. It's still got the same art style, the same voices, the same ridiculous humor... Even the intro was exactly the same. Not a lot of shows can say that.

Oh, and the LP videos were cool, too.
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

Started watching Ep. 2.

The number of possible combination is not 5 to the power of 5, but rather 5! or 5 factorial, which is 5*4*3*2*1 = 120. Very lazy to reuse, but nowhere near 5 to the power of 5 possibilities, which is 3125 possibilities. It would be 5 to the power of 5 if each color could be used more than once, but each can only be used once.

The boring math is over now, you can wake up.

Didn't expect to get a mention (it's pronounced like "drake" btw, although I never thought of pronouncing it that other way), nifty that I was right :p . Anyway, good stuff as usual.

EDIT: There's the four lives I- *dies* ...... OK...
It really is fun to watch you fail occasionally.

Also that Ant Town is a like a what-not-to-do of level design.
Shonikado wrote:Looking back on what we've done and wanting to change it is the first step in becoming a weakling that cannot do anything.
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

Sorry to double-post, but I downloaded Bio Menace, and was reading the hint file when I found this fantastic hint:
Synchronize yourself in harmony to Bobby Prince's score of music on each
level to obtain cosmic inspiration resulting in miraculous finger dexterity
and a euphoric sense of well being.
And I knew I had to post it here.
Shonikado wrote:Looking back on what we've done and wanting to change it is the first step in becoming a weakling that cannot do anything.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

What an interesting find 8)
I planned to start episode 3 this week, and it's not like I haven't had the time, I just don't feel like doing it. I'm definately getting back at it in December, if not sooner :foot
Nickssoft
Vortininja

Post by Nickssoft »

These videos are keeping me very entertained on Thanksgiving Eve, I was watching because I was too tired to play myself and I was quite surprised, Good work!

(On the Ant Caves level, you said the color sequence like 100 times, I was ready to pound you :D)
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:I'm definately getting back at it in December, if not sooner :foot
You have 4 days.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Make that January, since I don't want to be talking into a mic in a house where my mom can just barge into my room without a lock on it (unless you want it that badly)
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

... I'll live :P
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Make that January, since I don't want to be talking into a mic in a house where my mom can just barge into my room without a lock on it (unless you want it that badly)
I know what you mean. I always feel weird recording my voice when other people are home.
IMA3HDDMNKY
Vortininja

Post by IMA3HDDMNKY »

Yeah, they'll think you're crazy, talking to yourself. :-)
Nickssoft
Vortininja

Post by Nickssoft »

That would be a funny scene, especially because your talking about dos game stuff !!