Who is ready for a deathmatch?

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

IMA3HDDMNKY wrote:Or better yet, try Quake Live. It's essentially a free in-browser online version of Quake 3. It's not really my type of MP game, but quite fun.
You say in-browser, so I expected Java or Flash or something. Yet the site tells me it's not compatible with Linux! Good coding there, considering both previous mentioned languages are cross-platform...
Wow look at me I'm lurking
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I wonder if a Chex Quest deathmatch is possible. Never tried that before. Lol, just thinking about it doesn't make sense when the chex guys are firing zorchers at each other and somehow get covered in boogers from it :lol
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Maybe we'll see some cool bugs they forgot to change because of it! :)
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

So you decided that the game will be Duke 3D?
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

The game can be anything really. Right now it's a general discussion thing.
Just request the server or set a date with a game or whatever. I'm saying that I can host if no one else can...
I think.
VikingBoyBilly wrote:I wonder if a Chex Quest deathmatch is possible. Never tried that before. Lol, just thinking about it doesn't make sense when the chex guys are firing zorchers at each other and somehow get covered in boogers from it :lol
There is a CO-OP of Chex Quest 3 already up on IDESE. A deathmatch is a definite possibility.

Doom (2), Heretic, Hexen and Chex Quest(s) can all have deathmatch. Strife can't I don't think...

Apparently Mech Commander 1 and 2 are now freeware. I'm willing to RTS with anyone with some Battletech action.
As well as Command and Conquer.

HEY GUYS! LETS PLAY SAUERBRATEN!
:barf
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

lol, Sauerbraten. I did like the graphics of that one, though. Very pretty maps.

EDIT: I'm fine with Duke3D mostly, by the way. But I probably won't be here or online when people start playing that.
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

I'd love a bit of C&C, but internet play on most of them up till Generals don't have servers any more. DOS C&C or RA could be arranged through DOSBox's IPX tunneling, but only the Windows version of C&C has been released freeware (I'm not sharing my DOS ISO), and I'm not sure about RA.

EDIT: I'm still good for Quake 3.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

As said in the first post, I can host a server. Just request a time and date or whatever.

I'm already hosting 4. (Technically 5 but the fifth one is just a joke. 3 of the servers have no players... ever.)
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Alright! Just say the DN3d version (or pm me) that is needed, the program and it's version that needs to be installed and from where to download, and we'll discuss the time and date. Cause you know, not everyone knows this stuff and I'm on for some retro action :).
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

After googling around a bit, I'm ready for a bit of classic C&C action. Red Alert, preferably, but I'll go original. They've both been released as freeware by the fine ol folks at EA:LA, formerly known as Westwood. Who and when is all I need to know. Heck, if enough people are interested, I'm happy to arrange a tourney.

LINKS:
Installing Red Alert on Vista
Installing Red Alert on XP
Setting up online play

EDIT: Some of the download links on those are a bit broken. The info is useful though. Here are alt sources for:
Allied ISO
Soviet ISO
(note you only need one of the above, which one isn't important unless you want to play single player)
Westwood Chat
thipx32.dll (this is the network patch mentioned in the article, copy into folder after install)

So yeah. Just say who and when, and it's on!

ANOTHER EDIT: Bleh, my firewall isn't playing nice with Westwood Chat. Sorry guys. Feel free to peruse these links anyway.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Galaxieretter wrote:Doom (2), Heretic, Hexen and Chex Quest(s) can all have deathmatch. Strife can't I don't think...
Strife can be played in DM but not in cooperative due to its complex nature.

Anyway, I'm available for any doom engine or build engine dm games. Although I will just end up losing. :p
Draik wrote:After googling around a bit, I'm ready for a bit of classic C&C action. Red Alert, preferably, but I'll go original. They've both been released as freeware by the fine ol folks at EA:LA, formerly known as Westwood. Who and when is all I need to know. Heck, if enough people are interested, I'm happy to arrange a tourney.

LINKS:
Installing Red Alert on Vista
Installing Red Alert on XP
Setting up online play

EDIT: Some of the download links on those are a bit broken. The info is useful though. Here are alt sources for:
Allied ISO
Soviet ISO
(note you only need one of the above, which one isn't important unless you want to play single player)
Westwood Chat
thipx32.dll (this is the network patch mentioned in the article, copy into folder after install)

So yeah. Just say who and when, and it's on!

ANOTHER EDIT: Bleh, my firewall isn't playing nice with Westwood Chat. Sorry guys. Feel free to peruse these links anyway.
Oh red alert is my favourite game, I even made a small mod for it that adds a few new units and balanced the others. It would be great to play this one.

I own all c&c games and can play all of them online (although I need to download red alert 1 and c&c gold, will do it asap), so just conctact me if you want to play.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Do you got Red Alert 3? I've got it and I didn't play it alot, but I will play it with you if you're on.
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

Nah, dont have RA3. I'm reluctant to pay 90-odd dollars (australian) for any game. $50, maybe, but eh.

Also, my firewall is much nicer now. Classic RA action is still on!

EDIT: SERIOUSLY INTENSE NOT-JUST-STUPID-2-PLAYER-BUT-IN-FACT-4-TO-8-PLAYER RA ACTION IS ON WITH this patch.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

wiivn wrote:Do you got Red Alert 3? I've got it and I didn't play it alot, but I will play it with you if you're on.
Yes and I play it online when I can. It's awesome.
Draik wrote:Nah, dont have RA3. I'm reluctant to pay 90-odd dollars (australian) for any game. $50, maybe, but eh.

Also, my firewall is much nicer now. Classic RA action is still on!

EDIT: SERIOUSLY INTENSE NOT-JUST-STUPID-2-PLAYER-BUT-IN-FACT-4-TO-8-PLAYER RA ACTION IS ON WITH this patch.
Yes I just installed RA1 again and this time it works! (my pc didn't want to install it earlier for some reason). Although, just like tiberian dawn, it crashes randomly.

You might try to buy ra3 on amazon or something, maybe it's less expensive there
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Post by Dynamo »

Me and Galaxieretter today played online Tiberian Sun! What can I say? It was great fun!

Some screenshots:

Galaxiretter's army.

The rush on its way.

1337 Titans vs one turret.

If anyone wants to play command & conquer with me, he is welcome to do so!