Nanosaur

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Nanosaur

Post by thehackercat »

Anybody remember this?
http://www.pangeasoft.net/nano/screensh ... l#Nanosaur

This was my favorite game when I was little, topped only by Keen and Joust.
I played it on a grape-colored iMac (the classic tray-loading kind with no firewire). It ran system 8 when we got it, and Nanosaur was bundled.

Speaking of that particular Mac, I still use it. It's running system 9.2.2 quite nicely and a lot of my schoolwork and Finale stuff are on there, as well as a bunch of pictures.
</digression>

Comments on nanosaur now... :foot
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

Mmmmm, never had a Mac.
Also your url tags are majorly broked.
Shonikado wrote:Looking back on what we've done and wanting to change it is the first step in becoming a weakling that cannot do anything.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I fixed his link.

Anyway, never heard of this game. Haha -- does that dinosaur have a jetpack? :crazy Is this a new game? Just wondering because the minimum requirements are so modest.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Rule of cool; jetpacks are awesome, dinosaurs are awesome. Jetpack laser dinos are totally radical!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I TOTALLY remember this game! Beat it, too :D For everyone who hasn't seen it, it's a rather short fetch-quest where you collect dinosaur eggs and bring them to the future before the comet hits the earth in about an hour. How in the world was there a dinosaur in the future and why they wanted to save a few species by bringing eggs back, I have no idea :crazy But despite the short time limit, there is a HUGE world to explore, and you could even change to first-person if you want. I think the same people also made bugdom later on.

Oh, my iMac was green. Don't use it anymore since it stopped working :(
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass