Commander Genius v0.3.1.1 Release

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
pizza2004
Vortininja

Commander Genius v0.3.1.1 Release

Post by pizza2004 »

Okay, we have a minor release today, although we have met with some small difficulties and may not upload any files till tomorrow. But I say that we get that leeway as we release a day early last month. Basically the major changes in this release (that I can remember) were addition of volume sliders and camera boundary selection for movement.

Other than that, Gerstrong might know what the changes were, although I believe one of them was the addition of the pixel effect (although I don't see it used anywhere in game right not) but other than that, a rather minor release. You can see what bugs were fixed over at the trac, just go to roadmap, check finished milestones checkmark, and look at the completed tickets on v0.3.1.1. And the volume sliders work, but they don't have their custom graphics yet.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

OK, here's an idea pizza: We shouldn't make a new topic for every new release of CG on these forums, so let's make this the official update thread. You can rename the topic title any time we release a new version, so people see when there's a new release.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Agreed, but here are the new releases for Linux and Windows.

Mac version might come soon!

Yes, direct link:

http://clonekeenplus.sourceforge.net/download.html
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Neat, I'll check it out soon. I love to see how dedicated you guys are about this.
Daisy wrote:OK, here's an idea pizza: We shouldn't make a new topic for every new release of CG on these forums, so let's make this the official update thread. You can rename the topic title any time we release a new version, so people see when there's a new release.
Image It gets so hard to keep track of this project due to all the different threads.
pizza2004
Vortininja

Post by pizza2004 »

Well, the only reason I created a new one was because I didn't create the old ones myself, Gerstrong did.
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Even so, I still think it'd be better to have one huge, consolidated release megathread. Everything would just be so much easier to follow than the current scattering of threads throughout multiple subforums.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

As usual, I agree with Genius314 on this one!
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Daisy agrees, too.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
pizza2004
Vortininja

Post by pizza2004 »

I agree myself, other than the fact it would need to be a pinned topic of the forum, otherwise it would get lost much too easily. I wish I could have edited the old one, but I couldn't.
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

As usual, I agree with CK Guy who agrees with Genius314. :dopekeen

And you know, you could just post it in the hypothetical megathread. It wouldn't need a new title every single time.

Edit: :confused There's no real reason for the megathread to be stickied, since it would be bumped to the top every time someone posts in it (which would be pretty often).
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I sec- thir- sixth this?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.