Commander Genius Update

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

pizza2004 wrote:prompted me to delete this version
What's wrong with you? It's not your project although you've become a valuable part of it, but if anyone of our team releases a new version it stays an official version, and is not to be deleted, especially when gerstrong who is the project manager uploads it. Have you ever stopped to think testers like me might want even small updates? (I discovered a bug which was solved because the new version was uploaded)
I appreciate all the stuff you've done for CG, but I hope you'll get rid of that temper.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
pizza2004
Vortininja

Post by pizza2004 »

tulip wrote:
pizza2004 wrote:prompted me to delete this version
What's wrong with you? It's not your project although you've become a valuable part of it, but if anyone of our team releases a new version it stays an official version, and is not to be deleted, especially when gerstrong who is the project manager uploads it. Have you ever stopped to think testers like me might want even small updates? (I discovered a bug which was solved because the new version was uploaded)
I appreciate all the stuff you've done for CG, but I hope you'll get rid of that temper.
I'm sorry, but we agreed on a schedule, and I clearly uploaded it to the trac. I'm fine with Gerhard making testing releases, but this version was on the trac scheduled to come out next month.

After our last release Gerhard said we should take a break, so I factored that into the release of the last version before v 0.4 and set it for a month from now. Gerhard released this version without me being able to make sure it functioned properly on Mac, and without me knowing.

He has on several occasions released a few days early, but at least we talked. This time I got on and saw a new version was released without the team really knowing completely. My biggest problem with that is the fact that this is the last v0.3 version. After this any minor bugs don't get fixed, as all focus was supposed to turn to Galaxy.

I have to deal with the last two weeks of school right now, and I don't have the time to do CG, so this seemed like a great deal to me. But I guess if you guys just don't think my opinion is important in this whole thing, then I suppose I should just be quiet.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Wanna make this discussion public? Because I really don't want to.

I'm not getting to the point about school problems, and schedule and stuff like that. That's not the point, and I also do have those problems here. The point is that you just deleted a release I have uploaded and at any situation it's not the way to go, regardless of what situation whatever is. I want to have that clear.

Sending me a message first and just asking why, would have been much better and I could have made a decision and we would have found a common solution for our problems, but just deleting a release, is an abrupt decision I don't take very well, and others also don't.

Why shouldn't be that the last release before v0.4 ? It might be planned in the trac, but this doesn't have to be so. We have to see how the bugs fixes, and development go of the project. We still have time to discuss that.
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

Also, I use a Mac. If there's any testing you want to get done, I can surely help. If there's anything we don't need, it's arguments between people working on a project as momentous as Commander Genius. :dead2
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Okay, new update is out! Have fun!
pizza2004
Vortininja

Post by pizza2004 »

I uploaded the Mac version, for those who care!
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

pizza2004 wrote:I uploaded the Mac version, for those who care!
Of course they do! The version is very popular ;-)
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

annoying SF-Server. You will have to wait a bit....

EDIT: Okay, it's working again
Last edited by gerstrong on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:28, edited 1 time in total.
Having fun developing stuff...
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

I'll host temporarily. Check my profile address.