Extras Menu

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
pizza2004
Vortininja

Extras Menu

Post by pizza2004 »

As very few people are aware of (I may be the only one) I don't want to extend the menu in CG to more than 8 options (the number in Keens 4-6) and therefore we encounter a problem due to already having 8 options and needing room for at least one more (Paddle Wars). As such, I would prefer to place an 'Extras' menu in Paddle Wars place, that would include links to Highscores, The help Menu, and Paddle Wars (eventually we could make a menu and have more mini games).

I'm wondering what people think of this route, as it would make things easier. Also, we could embed a profiles menu to select from some premade configurations like classic feel.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

That sounds like a good idea - it'll keep the look of the menu and will allow for more ingenious additions :P

maybe not call it "extras" though. I'm thinking something more... tech orientated. Like maybe a... hmm,I can't think of anything. damn sleep!

Making the menu scrolling (I don't mean with a scroll bar but I mean that the further you press down the more menu items are revealed and others are pushed off) might work too. But yeah, that'd be harder to make.
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Excellent idea! Maybe you should name it "games and fun".