Petition: Subforum for Commander Genius

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).

Do you wish a subforum for Commander Genius (aka CloneKeenPlus)?

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 35

gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Petition: Subforum for Commander Genius

Post by gerstrong »

As some of you know our CG forum didn't quite catch on.

So now I wanted to know how good would be to have a subforum here.

We have a lot of topics and threads about Commander Genius on PCKF.

We wanted to have a subforum, unfortunately it was rejected by the admins for several organizational reasons.

I want to know how many people are interested in that subforum, so we can ask him again.

I think CG is something more than a keen project. It is a platform that has been supported by so many from that forum.

We can create our own forum anytime, anywhere. But I don't want to have people being all the time registering. Also I want to have all the CG topics there, because now they are spread everywhere. A tied up forum would be a good thing for everyone.

So let me know what your wishes are and please vote !!!!
Having fun developing stuff...
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

A centralized CG location with everything is indeed ideal, considering how hard it is to keep track of progress with the current set-up. If it's possible, a sub-subforum in Unoffical Keen Games would be most appropriate, IMKO, and not a full-blown one on the level of the six current subforums. Barring that, what's wrong with some sort of megathread, you know, just one giant thread to discuss it/release updates/ask for opinions?
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Where is the "No" option?

That's sorta rude to equate not wanting a subforum for all the Commander Genius threads to not thinking it's an importaint project for Keeners.

EDIT:
Nevermind.
Last edited by Galaxieretter on Wed Aug 04, 2010 18:11, edited 2 times in total.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

If people don't agree to add it here, how about K:M? That place seems to have subforums for every separate tool. Me, I'd like to see a subforum for it here, simply because it's a modern cross-platform Keen engine (kind of like EDuke32).
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

That is a good point. I think a subforum wouldn't be bad. I am actually having trouble following the progress of CG simply because I am put off by all the threads and topics made.

I don't read all the threads but I keep track of what's going on by glancing at the titles.
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

I don't really see this as being fit for K:M - over there's primarily about modding, after all. This is far more relevant to the general Keen community than patches/utilities to mod the games/whatever.
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

As it's done in other places (e.g. EDuke32), I'd say that yes. There hasn't been much activity in the separated Commander Genius forums, while there have been a few threads scattered here. So it'd be good to have everything centralized in a single (sub)forum.
Flyingmouse
Vortininja

Post by Flyingmouse »

Being a huge and still growing project, compatible (or will be) with the original games and even some mods? With the ton of features that are added on, like being able to play with 4 keens, music and ad-lib sound effects in the originals, and the graphic effects that may be too long to list? And would also need several different topics to discuss various issues and suggest what could be added to the system that would need to be organized into a subforum as to not get lost in the hundreds of topics within this forum?

Yes, I would agree with having a sub-forum.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Yeah, it's big, but a megathread would work fine. No need for a subforum. :)
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Megathread == ineffective. That's like suggesting we condense the community mod forum into a megathread.

I'd say a subforum under UKG will work best.
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

Four words: yes please.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

15 voters so far, does the rest not care at all?

All I can say about the megathread is that it's never gonna happen, there's always new polls and stuff, that wouldn't work.
Interesting, I don't see any arguments against it here, the only one I know is KeenRush's "This is just another project" stand.

I'm involved in the project myself, so I'm not what you'd call neutral in this matter. I'll gladly manage the subforum if there is to be one, but as I see it KeenRush also has to approve. (C'mon say something here)
Image You crack me up little buddy!
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

I really hope it'll happen. It would tidy up PCKF a bit more...

Same as Tulip. I'm one of the developers of CG and of course I'd wish a subforum.
Having fun developing stuff...
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Well, it's not "just another keen project", it's the biggest and best one everrr!1

So at first I was like NO, there should be a separate forum direct to the main project website. But then I thought such a big project that most of us are interested in it should need a separate space here, where it's easy to watch the progress (at least for me). Some of those who are not interesting in the project, will just skip visiting this sub-forum. And there you go. All people are happy. So Keenrush, reconsider your opinion and add another section!
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Just go ahead and do it. It's not like anyone is going to get bent out of shape if you do. :crazy