How to put Bought Version Of "Commander keen" into "Commander-Genius"

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
ElusiveTony
Meep

How to put Bought Version Of "Commander keen" into "Commander-Genius"

Post by ElusiveTony »

The Instructions didn't help at all, please someone tell Me step-by-step how to do this-and be for-warned that I'm not the best at this stuff. :begging
Nisaba
Janitress

Re: How to put Bought Version Of "Commander keen" into "Commander-Genius"

Post by Nisaba »

gerstrong - the mastermind behind Commander Genius - will surely help you out with this!

in the meantime I'd advice to visit the CG website and follow the instructions written there:
Here are the release Commander Genius versions. The latest is the best, but sometimes certain ports are not supported right now. The Keen Games are not provided for download but since CG has an integrated Downloader you can let them pull from there.
out now (link) : Image
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Re: How to put Bought Version Of "Commander keen" into "Commander-Genius"

Post by gerstrong »

ElusiveTony wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:25 The Instructions didn't help at all, please someone tell Me step-by-step how to do this-and be for-warned that I'm not the best at this stuff. :begging
Hi @ElusiveTony,

how did you buy it? Here is nice guide:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =459406720

but I would suggest you take a look at the readme file which is bundled in all the packages. You also find it here:

https://gitlab.com/Dringgstein/Commande ... /README.in

The downloader is optional for easy setup and especially for people not owning the games. In your case check the readme or try the guide published on Steam.

In a nutshell you only need to copy some directories to a certain place. To where depends on the device and operating system you are using.

P.D.: Sorry for the late reply.
Having fun developing stuff...