CloneKeenPlus v0.3 Future plans. You decide it

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).

CloneKeenPlus v0.3 - What should I implement first, or what would you like to see mostly in CKP v0.3

Poll ended at Mon Apr 06, 2009 17:27

Original Score Table
6%
Original Story board
25%
Mouse support for the menus, like in Keen 4-6 or Dreams
No votes
Implement OpenGL, for true lighting (Lamps will reflect light)
No votes
Gray background which will be changed by a Bitmap in every level. Backgrounds like in Keen 4-6 (HQP)
19%
Better Controls support. Two Button firing, more button remappings and the possibility that the players speed reacts to an analog joystick
6%
Higher Resolution support
13%
Other - But please write a suggestion in this Forum!
31%

Total votes: 16

gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

New release coming...

Post by gerstrong »

I'm testing the latest release 0.2.3.1!

@Tulip: About your question of grey colours... Here is a taken screenshot of the same level. Tell me, how you like it. You see, there are still some bugs. 16-bit colouring doesn't work that well.

There are some things I have to tell about the new version:

- No bitmap support. Don't think it is already there. The Bitmap feature was just a teaser. To get those bitmaps we need more bpp (at least 16-bit). CloneKeenPlus uses only 8-bit colours of which only 16 (because of the game) are really used by the game. To get higher resolutions and more bpp, is work that has still to be done. For now the release stays in 8-bit colour mode.

- I'm going to leave you for some days, so don't be surprised, if I'm not going to respond for some days. I need to visit a city and some old friends. On sunday in the late afternoon I'm leaving.

After I have returned, I'm going to implement those features, and of course, bug reports are still welcome and fixes are as soon as possible implemented.

The version has a new feature. If you use Scale2x, you now can choose between 2x and Filter2x in the options menu (before it had no effect).

If you don't like the HQ2X Filter you can disable it that way and have old-style graphics at the resolution of 640x480! Isn't that nice?

Try it out and have fun!