Vorticon Series Physics

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Vorticon Series Physics

Post by gerstrong »

Hello everyone out there!

I'm working on CloneKeenPlus as some of you know and I'm planing again in how I can improve the physics.

As now it is a mixed C/C++ Version (since Genius Edition), I'm implementing some new classes and using those to replace old functions. Tests also have shown that since the class implementation is there, the performance has greatly increased.

Actually I'm working on the movements of the player. I have a favor to ask for. I'm looking for an old manual of the vorticon episodes (especially the howto play it), to search for clues, or something what tells me exactly, how the physics work. I know, it is very hard. I imagine that, this will stay a secret. However I've met some experts here who know a lot about the physics of Keen-Vorticon as they have written mods.

The only thing I have, are the original games, and some of your mods. I play them under Dosbox and try to guess the behaviours.

I've someone has a plan of how the physics work, I would be glad to implement them to build a great version. I want to support all your mods, and I think that physics are very important and the most difficult part, as they make possible to pass hard levels of yours. Maybe we are able to create a plan, of how they should work!

Greetz and thx in advance!
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

well i think that you are better off in K:M as there is more info about the internal workings of the keen engine and stuff
(i used to be ME!)