Commander Genius (CKP) V0.2.6.3

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Commander Genius (CKP) V0.2.6.3

Post by gerstrong »

Another version is under the way! (v0.2.6.3)

I only have improved the jump physics of the player. It is still not perfect, but this time I think, it is more playable. Check it out!
Litude
Vortininja

Post by Litude »

My computer ends up BSODing once I run it :(. Vista x64 here.
Aroenai
Vortininja

Post by Aroenai »

Vista x64 here too, it only crashes if I don't skip the intro. :love Is there some trick to getting the pogo to activate? It's been ages since I've played keen 1-3, but alt seems to do nothing even after I get the pogo.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Maybe the pogo isn't set to the alt key. Go to the Controls menu and look which button is set to pogo. If it is indeed alt there may be another problem with Vista 64
Image You crack me up little buddy!
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

The problem with the pogo is that under Linux the keys are mapped differently, so the default pogo key is set somehow differently when you use Windows. (Yes, only this key. I don't know why, maybe SDL issue)

I didn't know about that problem of BSOD, when you don't skip the intro. I'm going to check it. Maybe it also crashes under other systems.

EDIT: Okay, it seems that I detected the problem, but I don't understand why Vista crashs with BSOD. Vista is very delicate.

I have tested the fixed version on Windows XP, and it works there.

Try it out, and tell me
Aroenai
Vortininja

Post by Aroenai »

Well the crash is gone (mine never BSOD'd though, I just got a screen saying cgenius.exe stopped working) but it appears that the map screen clipping is broken and keen can walk through the light red part of mars. The y-axis seems like is moves faster than before maybe that's what's causing it?
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

@Aroenai: I don't have that problem at all. Can you post or send me a screenshot to see where this is happening?