CKP Commander Genius v0.2.7

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).

What other Operating Systems do want to become supported?

Ubuntu Linux (Deb)
25%
32-bit Linux
38%
Mac OS X
25%
Other (Specify here)
13%

Total votes: 8

gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

CKP Commander Genius v0.2.7

Post by gerstrong »

As we are moving to version v0.2.7 implementing at last the never seen Score Table in the interpreter, one more feature has been added and we are not far away from 0.3.

I will inform you again, when I have fixed some bugs from feedbacks and the version is uploaded.

If someone wants to tell me something more about feedback, this is a good chance! Maybe I'll add it!

@Tulip: I modified the jump behaviors again, so I think it will be more playable.

I want to support more Operating Systems in future and was thinking about adding ubuntu packages and precompiling for 32-bit Linux. I have 64-bit, but it should be possible to still build for 32-bit system. I've done that before.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

I'd say Mac and Linux 32-bit (I find it weird that you have 64-bit only packages, really). Though Mac gets priority because Linux users just compile it from source quicker I think.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Yeah @DaVince,

you are right! I just can't believe that I only offer 64-bit binary packages. This will change in future. And about Mac. I don't know how to build it for Mac. A little help could be very useful. I don't have a Mac, so I don't have the opportunity to test it. Sorry, I really want to support MacOS X.

EDIT: And here comes my new version. CKP v0.2.7 is out! Get it, while it's hot!

http://clonekeenplus.sourceforge.net/
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

I'm running 64-bit Ubuntu right now. But I've been having some problems with it, so I'll probably be switching back to 32-bit when 9.04 rolls around (I'll be losing half-a-gig of memory, but whatever... I don't need it)
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

32-bit and 64-bit Ubuntus are very similar. Are you sure, that it has to do with that? Remember that Ubuntu 9.04 is still beta.
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

I'm not using 9.04 yet. I've got 8.10.
I'm not sure if all of the bugs I've been experiencing (like Compiz freezing) are caused by the 64-bit version. But I do know that a couple programs, even if I compile them myself, can't run as well (if at all) under 64-bits.

I'm probably going to try 32 and 64-bit 9.04, just to compare.
Aroenai
Vortininja

Post by Aroenai »

I voted Mac OS X, I don't have one, but it's so easy to just compile it from source on linux.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Maybe, because they have similiarities like POSIX, but you have to test it, to get sure, it would run.

If someone could help me in testing MacOS-X versions, I'm would upload these versions.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

In that case, you should continue working on what's possible for you now and look around for people willing to do the Mac ports instead.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

32-bit version of CKP

Post by gerstrong »

Hello guys,

fulfilling your wishes I now have added 32-bit Linux support. You can download it from the downloads of sourceforge or using the link of my page, which is the same.

have fun with it!

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... _id=249154